Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New to Forum: C5 and C3 owner

Bill Boyle

Corvette
2001 Millenium Yellow Coupe
Hi--
I'm a Pontiac guy with a penchant for Corvettes. :thumb Unlike many guys that are strickly one brand, I simply adore and appreciate cool cars. It's that simple. I've always been hands on, and notwithstanding my trained profession (trial lawyer) I do enjoy working with my hands. One thing that's important though, making power is far easier than fixing a broken down car. Maintenance is very important to me and knowing one's limitations is important. However, I failed to heed my own philosophy buying a used C3 (1977) a number of years ago which was in dire need of everything. It still is and what I had hoped to do has not really started yet. I still have big plans to rebuild it, I'm just not ready to start with that tedious process. My C5, (Millenium Yellow) on the other hand, is new to my car family. It was in immaculate condition when purchased. The previous owner now drives a C6.

Finally, while I know a bit about traditional Pontiacs and building Pontiac power I'm not "up to speed" with the new LS1 and beyond technology. Please bear with me if my questions appear rudimentary. :)

Regards,
Bill Boyle

:welcome

Bill,
We're glad you found us. I think you'll find the CAC is great resource for Corvette enthusiasts, and it's populated with great people who appreciate cool cars, too.

And don't worry about the questions- we're here to help. And I'll start by providing you with this link on how to upload pictures into your posts: CLICK. We'd love to see pics of your Corvettes. :thumb

:w
-Patrick

Welcome Bill to the Corvette Action Center Community

I too own a C3 & C5 ;)

They both are very special to me, but if it came to my personal favorate, it would have to be my C3. I have owned each generation with the exception of a C6, and of all the Corvettes that have graced our garage, to me the 1981 represents what I think when I think Corvette :D

Oh and the very first New Car I owned was a 1969 Firebird 400, what a great car.

Enough rambling, WELCOME aboard enjoy the :Steer

I'll try not to hold it against you ("Trail Lawyer")
:chuckle (Tongue in cheek) ;)

Bud

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center, Bill!

You've come to a great place for Corvette enthusiasts and people who enjoy all kinds of cars. :thumb Enjoy the forums and the C5 and when you're ready to start on the C3 we've got a great bunch of Shark owners to guide and assist.

:wJane Ann

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

I have to ask a question. Is the Corvette "wave" dead? :w In the past week, I've made eye contact with at least 7 Corvette drivers (all C6 owners). Not one of them returned my wave. I accidentally waived to the driver of a black Ferrari that came up on me fast (no wave from him of course, but a quick rev as he went by). Is the tradition passe? When I drove the C3 several years back, waves were common.

It's not dead, Bill, but I've noticed that first time owners of Corvettes, if they buy the newest model available, don't tend to know about the tradition of the wave.

My C6 is not my first Corvette, and I've known about the wave since long before I got my first Corvette. I always wave at any generation of Corvette I see, and I usually get a wave back.

Waive not dead!

Okay, I thought maybe it was me. :D Glad to hear it's alive and well.

Had to run out to the store before and once again there was a C6 sitting at the light directly opposite to me in the left turn lane. When the light turned green, and I could see his face, I waved and he just stared at me with a blank look as I went by. He must of been wondering, "do I know that guy?" :chuckle

There should be an driver orientation course given by the dealerships before someone is allowed to by a Vette. :cool

welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!!!

...I'm a Pontiac guy with a penchant for Corvettes...

Welcome Bill!

There are a few of us who move between Vettes and Pontiacs- so you are among friends.

:thumb

Welcome Aboard. . . . . . . .

Please bear with me if my questions appear rudimentary.

Regards,
Bill Boyle

Welcome to Corvette Action Center Bill we're glad you've decided to join us. The members and staff here are second to none; there is a lot of love for the Corvette as well as other cool cars and there are no dumb questions just sometimes dumb answers but you won't find that here there is a mountain of knowledge on this web site and we are family :thumb

Just another Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom