Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New to the forums and Corvette ownership!

carnutt1997

Corvette
1984 two tone bronze Z51 coupe
Hi everyone, my name is Jacob. I'm a 19 year old and I purchased a 1984 corvette a few months ago and have been fixing it up and daily driving it. I'm looking into getting any information on working on these crossfire corvettes I can get. My corvette is a 1984 2 tone bronze, z-51, automatic with just over 54,000 miles on it.any information you can give about these cars would be greatly appreciated because I work on this car myself. I live in central Texas so if you know anybody in my area that could help teach me how to work on my car I'd love to learn.

Attachments

• IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    816 KB · Views: 198
Welcome to the club

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Welcome, Jacob! It's great to see a young fellow taking an interest in cars rather than video games!!

Mac

Welcome to CAC? :w I agree with Mac, it is refreshing to see young guys, like yourself, interested in cars, rather than computer games. I was just about your age when I bought my first Corvette (even though it was 40+ years ago. :D )

Nice ride Jacob .I think there is an extensive library of cross fire info on this site .

Welcome and there are some smart people on this site ,I'm just not one of them :)

Thank you all for welcoming me. I do agree it's uncommon for kids my age to be into cars especially classics and older cars. I enjoy them so much to the point that this fall I will actually be attending college to study and get a bachelors of science degree in Automotive Restoration with a minor in Business. I do love the car and think I have the Corvette bug now, mine might not be the fastest or most popular corvette but I love it and it's perfect for me.

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!

Nice looking Vette!! And, welcome to the forum.

:welcome
:w

There is lots of information on the CAC in the Knowledge Base, Tech Center and the Forums.
Check out the Crossfire Mine. I suppose you've noticed that the Z51 '84 has a pretty stiff suspension already.

Thank you all for welcoming me. I do agree it's uncommon for kids my age to be into cars especially classics and older cars. I enjoy them so much to the point that this fall I will actually be attending college to study and get a bachelors of science degree in Automotive Restoration with a minor in Business. I do love the car and think I have the Corvette bug now, mine might not be the fastest or most popular corvette but I love it and it's perfect for me.
Nothin wrong with that :thumb

Yes I have, I live out in the country and even though my roads are paved they are bumpy in a normal car let alone my corvette.

"There is lots of information on the CAC in the Knowledge Base, Tech Center and the Forums.
Check out the Crossfire Mine. I suppose you've noticed that the Z51 '84 has a pretty stiff suspension already.[/QUOTE]"

Welcome Jocob.....nice lookin car. I couldn't afford one at that age. A 70's vette brand new around 5 grand. I always said some day.....
Good luck with your ride and learn all u can, lot's of good stuff here.

Welcome Jocob.....nice lookin car. I couldn't afford one at that age. A 70's vette brand new around 5 grand. I always said some day.....
Thank you, I got lucky and found a good deal and sold a bunch of my stuff so I could buy it. I plan on learning as much as I can.

84's Rock!

View attachment 24394

Especially on twisty mountain roads!
View attachment 24395

Yes, those are ZR-1's I'm chasing!
Yes they do, I haven't gotten to take it on any mountain roads yet because of where I live. I hope to someday be like that and chase ZR-1's and maybe even keep up with them. And very nice looking car.

Let me be the next to welcome you to the CAC. '84s weren't the fastest cars back in the day but they made up for it in world-class handling. Even if it's not the fastest car out there, at the end of the day, IT'S STILL A CORVETTE!!!!! ;worship

As an ancient automotive instructor and an even more ancient tech, my one piece of advice is to buy a FSM, either hard copy or digital on CD. The CD is cheaper and you can print off only the pages need for the project of the day. I bought the digital copy soon as I bought my '86 and I found a hard copy at one of the regional swap meets. The hard copy is for quick browsing and the printed pages allow me to make notes and then stick the notes into the hard copy for later reference.

I'm going to quote my automotive instructor and mentor from my first day in tech school. "Get out the book and look it up. You can't fix the *expletive* thing if you don't know how it works!"

Keep me posted on your progress.
Jonathan.....

Update on the car, I finally found a shop in Austin that knows how to work on crossfire's. He recommended that I replace the coolant temp sensor that goes to the ecm, so I replaced it and the ignition module and it definitely has made a difference in how it drives but it still has some starting problems if I let it sit after a long drive. I'm thinking about possibly replacing the fuel pump to eliminate that as a possible cause of the problem. If you have any other recommendations I'd greatly appreciate it.

also I want to say thank you to all for welcoming me in to the community and can tell the support is here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom