Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New to the site & looking for help on collecting Corvette print ads

T

tonyb54

Hi all. New to this site & posting for the 1st time, so bear with me. Some quick background first...while I do not own a Corvette, I've been a dedicated fan since I first laid eyes on one as a kid (& I'm now 57!)...watched Route 66 as a young boy (mostly cause Todd & Buzz drove a Vette), even remember sending a get well letter to George Maharis when he went off the show with an unspecified illness. Been collecting Corvette memorabilia for years - diecasts, models, books, magazines, posters, advertisements, etc...and could probably buy a real car if I sold off all the collectables I have! This brings me to why I thought I'd post. I've been trying to expand my collection of print ads & am having a hard time finding them, especially from 1967 back. I have a lot of ads going back as far as 1962, many of which I have found in auto publications like Motor Trend, Car & Driver, etc. Many of the 62-67 ads I have are in B&W, yet I've never been able to find them in color. There are also many ads I've seen that I cannot find in any publications, including general interest magazines such as Life, Saturday Evening Post, etc. I'm recently expanded my search to Sports Illustrated and even Playboy (try explaining to those sellers that you really aren't looking thru them for the girlie pics!), but no luck so far. If there are any fellow collectors on the site who see this posting & can help me out, I'd sure appreciate it. You can post to this thread or email me at tbrownlee54@msn.com. Thanks for listening.

ads corvette

you can email me at skokoslouis@yahoo.com i have them from 1953----to 1983 in color&b/w let know what you need and we will talk price all in exll cond.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom