Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NEW VET OWNER

Welcome

Glad you got the car. I don't know if this is the first rear wheel drive you have ever driven but belive me it's not like a pickup or anything else you have driven. I have raced SCCA and this car still amazes me with it's ability to set the backend out under power. Yours like mine is the standard vanilla version of the vette for that year. This car will do almost anything you ask it to do on a twisty road. Having said that I will also mention that after all my driving experience on and off the track this car still demands a great deal of respect. Just as it will give you pleasure to drive never forget it can turn around and stomp you in an eye wink. Just being seen in the car is a rush. People do not need to see it burn rubber etc. In fact most adults look at that behavior as unacceptable and childish. My dad and I also had a vette together a new 1960 that we put 250,000 miles on. Polish and clean and then go drive and let your smile show your pride in this car.:v

outwest said:
Ahhhh, livi'n the life. My first car was a 61 falcon (this was 1975!) that my Dad and I had to tow home. It cost me $50.00. I can't even imagine a vette at 18. Have a blast!

im telling you its kinda weird... my dad is the one that mentioned the vette... i was thinking a integra or a prerunner ranger but he showed me it and we looked at it and bought it...

so how do i post pics..

bluetail47 said:
You are one lucky 18 year old. Make sure your dad's trust in you is not lost. You do not need to show off with this great car, it shows itself off. Your friends are going to ask to drive it or to have you go fast. Don't listen to them. Just enjoy the car knowing you have something others can only dream of. Congrats!

Well put Bluetail47!!!

Congrats on the car, I know your going to love it! I bought my 90 last year when I was 19. Its been the best purchse ive made! Its a great past time and nothing beats driving it around!

Will,
Enjoy the car, take care of it, and be responsible with it thats just my advice take it for what it's worth. I bought my first vette at 20 it's my 95' still have it. As for EXHAUST

Check out magnaflow it's the best bang for the buck. Let me know what kit your looking for maybe I can help you out.
-=Rick

cool

I got my first vette when i was 17. ive had for alittle over a year now. Im 18 i was defitly the sickest car at school evrry one wanted to race me. i showed them how amercan muscle kicks rice burnin ass lol. I have a 86 two tone black and gun metal sick car i wish i knew how to put up pics. when i find out ill put them up. be careful park in a spot where u know who parks around u

i have a asigned spot.. but i know the girls that park next to me! and i think im going to get magnafolw i like the looks and the price...

Get pics when you can. Congrats on your beautiful Corvette, I've always admired the green. I bought an 87 vert 7 months ago to have something to do. Its brought me more pleasure than my 2006 Porsche. Mechanically Corvettes are very durable. The miles on yours are really insignificant if it was treated well by the previous owners. I have 104,500 miles on mine, and it runs great. The more you drive it the better it will run. I don't care who asks you I would'nt let ANYONE drive it except your dad, period.
I have spent over 60 hours color sanding and polishing my black paint and it came out better than I expected. I put in new leather seats I purchased from a CAC member and had the door panel carpets replaced. It looks like new inside.
If you need new tires (makes a big difference in handling) Fuzion makes an inexpensive tire that will serve you well.
Keep the wave Corvette brother.

Will, I think that's absolutely awesome to be owning at your age. Your dad must have a lot of trust in you to let you own such a powerful, and wonderful car. You must be mature beyond your years. Congrats on the car, and like others have said, there's no need to impress anyone. Best of luck with that car, and lets see some pics asap. -John

101_0104.jpg

Remember the following list and you should enjoy your Corvette even more:

Originally posted my Mac

clear.gif
The Corvette Commandments
the Corvette Commandments:

1- Thou shalt not fail to wave to a fellow Corvette owner.

2- Thou shalt not pass a fellow Corvette owner in distress without offering aid.

3- Thou shalt not feed thy Corvette budget-grade fuel.

4- Thou shalt treat thy Vette with respect; great power, great responsibility.

5- Thou shalt keep thy Corvette clean and waxed at all times, yet thou shalt not bring thy Corvette to an automatic car wash.

6- Thou shalt park thy Corvette in such a manner as to protect her tender fenders.

7- Thou shalt blow out carbon with a high-speed run as required.

8- Thou shalt not cruise on an unpaved road.

9- Neither friend, nor foe, nor even thy spouse may drive thy Corvette without first showing proper reverence.

10- Each Vette is an individual work of art; judge not lest ye might be judged.

Enjoy it!!

Jim

Congrats

Enjpy the Vette and Welcome to teh Action Center...Lots of good stuff out here...

Papa
:w

volume351 said:
im telling you its kinda weird... my dad is the one that mentioned the vette... i was thinking a integra or a prerunner ranger but he showed me it and we looked at it and bought it...

so how do i post pics..

Your best bet is going to Photobucket.com and get a free account and upload your pictures there, then all you have to do is highlight the "IMG" tag and "copy" the link, then paste it into your post. Works like a charm.

BTW congrats on the new ride, the kids here where I teach all seem to like mine...except those pesky blue oval boys.;)

the thing is i was well still am... i like all companys ecept dodge... old mopar cars are ok but it doesnt matter to me... if the car is a good car.. it doesnt matter who made it its still a good car...
like my corvette!!!

koolaid117 said:
Remember the following list and you should enjoy your Corvette even more:
The Corvette Commandments
the Corvette Commandments:

1- Thou shalt not fail to wave to a fellow Corvette owner.

2- Thou shalt not pass a fellow Corvette owner in distress without offering aid.

3- Thou shalt not feed thy Corvette budget-grade fuel.

4- Thou shalt treat thy Vette with respect; great power, great responsibility.

5- Thou shalt keep thy Corvette clean and waxed at all times, yet thou shalt not bring thy Corvette to an automatic car wash.

6- Thou shalt park thy Corvette in such a manner as to protect her tender fenders.

7- Thou shalt blow out carbon with a high-speed run as required.

8- Thou shalt not cruise on an unpaved road.

9- Neither friend, nor foe, nor even thy spouse may drive thy Corvette without first showing proper reverence.

10- Each Vette is an individual work of art; judge not lest ye might be judged.

Enjoy it!!

Jim

That is great!

tnovot said:
Will - Hopefully, you will learn that the coolest way to drive a Vette is to be cool and NOT feel like you have to show everybody what it can do. Good luck, Terry

This is the best advice you can be given. You do NOT have to demonstrate the Corvette's abilities...they are the stuff of legends and all you have to do is drive "low and slow". This shows you have confidence in the car and in yourself.

Be cool.

Larry

Congratulations! A great choice, and one you'll be proud to own for years to come. I have Magnaflow's on the 94 and the tone is great. Make your Dad proud and keep it between the lines.

you have good taste in vettes. got a job? no. get one. NOTHING with these cars is cheap. good luck. be careful.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom