Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Vette owner questions...

S

servohead

Hey guys,
I recently introduced myself on this forum having just purchased a 1999 Hardtop. Here are a few questions I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with:
1) My front tire treads are scalloped a bit making for a noisy ride. They're the stock tires (Goodyear EMT's). Has anybody else here had this problem with the goodyear tires? What tire do you reccomend?

2) My tire pressure monitors read about 3 pounds lower than most gauges show. Anyone else notice this? I can live with it, just some mornings it's cold enough to set the "tire pressure too low" light on.

3) Have any of you had buzzing/sound quality issues with the door panels? I have a pretty weird sounding driver door speaker.... I'm aware of the upgrades for the door panels - have any of you tried them out? (That and how do you get the door panel off? Extra points for those that can help there.)
4) This car has 40k miles on it. She performs well, I just changed the spark plugs and they all looked good. Everything seems to work well (with exception to a few odd noises here and there). The question is: Do I have a whole lot to worry about with this car in general? For example can you blow the rings or head gaskets easily? I'm just a worry wort I guess.

God do I love this car though. You couldn't put enough squeaks and rattles or buzzing speakers in it to change that. I know this is a long thread, and I appreciate any help you guys can offer! Thanks again.

40K on the goodyears is quite a record I'd say I dumped mine at 19K because of the scalloping on the inside of the tire,replaced with firestone and was like a new car again. But at 45K am going back to goodyear because of the run flat qualities. I take long trips and can't aford to be flatfooted with a tire that can only go 50 miles flat, and cannot be repaired. True never had that happen yet (no flats) but am not going to risk it. Scalloping on the good year is a very common problem . Also is the AIR PRESSURE a problem I can adjust the pressure to 30-31 every 2 weeks always all 4 are 28 to 29Lbs. wierd. But the car is the greatest thing going. Nothing funny no rattles no nothing but GO. and its a punny 97 coupe all original with the black exhaust and wagon wheels. Gotta love it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom