Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Wheels for My 87...Before & After Pics

FFAST87

Corvette
1987 Black Coupe
Ok my new wheels are all set...finally received all of my back ordered parts...here are some before & after pics. Now take into account the before pic has better lighting conditions as well as a healthy summer lawn....with that aside...what do you think....Chrome or no Chrome???

100_9716.jpg

100_1113.jpg

nice!!!!

Honest?

I like the original wheels better.

I'm not a fan of a lot of chrome.....but....

it's your car and if you're happy, that's all that counts.

I'll take Dorr #2, Monte...

The chrome set is way better... really sets off black in a way unlike anything else.

Nice job!

The chrome looks great!:upthumbs I was thinking of having mine done also. You may have just helped me make up my mind.

So that's what my car would look like with chrome wheels. :cool
I have been eyeballing a set of C6 motorsports for about 8 months now. But looking at your chrome wheels may have changed my mind.
The chrome looks awesome on the black 87' !!!

Just curious. How much does it cost to chrome your wheels? And do they have to do the set or can they do it in pairs?

Don't hate me, but I like the original a LOT better. Still, sweet looking ride!

87blackroxi said:
Just curious. How much does it cost to chrome your wheels? And do they have to do the set or can they do it in pairs?

The set cost $699...but that is with you returning your originals for a core return...Got mine done by Corvette Central. If you want to do 2 at a time you would have to call them. The actual company who did the chroming was BJ's Chrome in Encino, California. They did a great job.

Robertwav1 said:
Chrome definitely defines the black more. Very sharp looking....it's "High Def" :beer

I am not into heavily chroming up my Vette. There is no chrome on my engine. I too agree...that the Chrome and Black are a nice mix...definately Hi Def, Hi tech...not too gaudy!!! And ...No I am not coming out with a Rap Album....I just had to make a decision....refinish the original wheels with the original finish, Upgrade to 17" Sawblades...(chrome or not) or get after market wheels...or GS 5 spokers....I want to keep my 87 as close to stock...so I chose to keep the stock wheels... but clean it up by chroming them out.

Looks great. Dig the way the reflection is shining up the driveway. Makes me wanna drive your car at excessive speeds.

they look great! did you get any type of warranty with them as far as chipping and such?

johnny80 said:
they look great! did you get any type of warranty with them as far as chipping and such?

Includes a 3 year Warranty against any kind of defects, chipping, peeling etc.
Chromes worse enemy is negligence...gotts keep'em clean and polished!!!! I invested in some top quality chrome polish from Griots Garage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom