Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new windshield and molding

ZR1 MK

Corvette
ZR1 CORVETTE
I have crack in windshield and therefore need a replacement. I have been told the metal molding must be replaced in order to do a correct replacement installation. Is this true? Where is the best supply of ZR1 windshield as the knuckle heads that ordered the first time, ordered the wrong unit. For those of you that changed to the standard Corvette windshield, does the unit look and function fine? I like the way the glass looks from the outside
better, but when looking through the radar cutout of the ZR1 shield, supposedly same as standard shield, the tint looks worse.
Mike

Never got advice from this forum, but others replied elswhere with different opinions about new molding vs using the existing.
I replaced the glass with standard type. Availability and pricing is much better than original. It looks much better than original that had slight discloration at edges and pit marks over the years.
Mike

Glad to hear you got the problem fixed. The ZR-1 windshield can be difficult to find, not to mention a lot more than a standard windshield.
Jay

Availability was the main issue. Cost was somewhat irrelevant since my insurance coverage would cover the entire cost.
Mike

Yes

Did you check with Ross Little on LT5 Registry. At one time he had 2 left.

I bought a spare and when the time comes that my windshield needs replacing, my insurance can buy it from me.

Dennis
90 #2562

No, but I'm happy with the non-ZR1 windshield. It looks better without the cutout and looks better form the outside because it matches the rest of the custom tinted glass.
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom