Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New York Emissions?

S

Spdracer

My car was originaly purchased in New York, I live in Ohio and don't need it. My question is, what is different about it from the other states, how do you get rid of it, and how much power do you lose with it (if at all)?

Thanks, Kevin

my car came with that option also. have no idea what it is. is it something that can be or should be removed ???

?????

......"My car was originaly purchased in New York, I live in Ohio and don't need it. My question is, what is different about it from the other states, how do you get rid of it, and how much power do you lose with it (if at all)?".......................................

Thanks, Kevin

=============================================
Hi Kevin,

I am not sure of what you are speaking about. Most states like California, New York, New Jersey, and several other have been using the IM 240 Emission program system. All current and past cars for the last 10 years or so would be able to pass these tests being stock from bowling Green with no additional options.

Would please explain further...

Stan A

i just looked at my window sticker and it actually says... "New York Warranty Enhancements ---- $25.00"

i guess this has nothing to do with emissions (???)

So what enhancements to the warranty cost $25 ?????

????????????

I suggest that you place a call to the regional Chevy office in your area. To the best of my knowledge, there is not charge by GM like this. I could be wrong. Is this something that the dealer has added to the invoice?

Post us on what you find.

Stan

it's on my original GM sticker. i have a picture of it on my website.

my neighbor's daughter, 2 houses down, works at the regional GM call-in center in Tampa, i'll ask her this weekend.

I live in PA. and have bought new cars in New York and I remember a line on the window sticker about Ny emissions. It has been several years, but I think NY autos have to a charcoal canister and a rear window defroster. I think most autos have these anyway so I don't think it is a big deal.
Please don't beat me up if I am wrong it has been a while.

Just Guessing...but when NY ads anything on its most likely to be a veiled "Tax" of some sort......or more specificly, a cost imposed on car manufacturers to pay for someting like a NY Lemon Law that they are passing on to the consumer in creating accounting :crazy

Let us know when u find out now that you've peaked our interest too..thanks :w

MikeLT4 said:
i just looked at my window sticker and it actually says... "New York Warranty Enhancements ---- $25.00"

i guess this has nothing to do with emissions (???)

So what enhancements to the warranty cost $25 ?????

I know of no emmisions option for a NY vehicle. Note that emmisions is only tested in NYC and surrounding counties. All other counties do safety inspections only.
Hope this helps.

c4ever said:
I know of no emmisions option for a NY vehicle. Note that emmisions is only tested in NYC and surrounding counties. All other counties do safety inspections only.
Hope this helps.

True in the past...... but new vehicles have special emissions standards due to region :(
They dont test them everywhere but the manufacturers are either required to do so or find it cheaper to put them on ALL the cars in the region for sales purposes ...Sneaky, eh?

Interesting:eyerole

I would like to know what the differences on a 2002 sold in FL compared to a 2002 sold in NY would be in regards to emissions.:confused

My impression was this is a federal mandate on all vehicles and not state controlled regardless of whether the State has emission testing or not.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom