Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Newbee needs ZR1 Header info

Maidwright

Corvette
2011 ZR1, 2017 ZO6
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and purchased my first ZR1! I'm getting LPE upgrade and haven't even touch the car yet. Thinking of the 750 package with out headers. I get the impression they they prefer installing it with out heaaders? Am I going to lose out on extra hp with the install of this kit and not get headers?? I'm all ears to your experence! Thanks Maidwright

Welcome - They put together fine sports cars...

C6Panel.JPG

American Racing Long Tube Headers C6 ZR1 - Lingenfelter Performance

I haven't tested a ZR1 with LPE's 750 package, but I can tell you that a pal of mine has a ZR1 with only two mods, LPE's alternate blower pulley kit and a custom calibration. The car made 620 at the wheels which works out to about 730 at the flywheel. This car has no headers and stock cats.

So, yeah, you'll loose a little power with out headers, but whether it's 750 or 730, you're going to have a hard time driving a car with that much power, anyway. It will never hook. That much power is like having a .44 Magnum for killing rodents. :L

I went for a ride with my friend in that ZR1 and it would light the tires and get a squirrelly in third gear. Scary stuff unless you're a really good performance driver. Car might have been a little more easier to drive if it had Cup tire rather than the PS2s.

I'll add that, if you are going to spring for some performance mods for your LS9, getting them from Lingenfelter is a good idea because their stuff works well.

Last edited:
Katech offers kits for the ZR1.:thumb They use an oversize balancer and/or an undersize pulley with a larger heat exchanger for the supercharger cooling system. The increased boost some modifiers are building have actually melted the internal heat exchangers in the supercharger unit.:ugh Might check with LPE if a larger heat exchanger should be included.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom