Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie Waxer Wants Help

Let's say twice a year :boogie . OK, maybe only once!?!
(I'm trying hard to be honest, even when it hurts.) Maybe the easiness of doing this and the wonderful shine will inspire me to a higher number per year.
I need easy on, easy off. Thanks.

Take it to a detailer once a year...that way you won't have to worry at all on what wax to use . Sounds like its a big bother to you anyway...:upthumbs

I told my wife about the different choices everyone mentioned here. Yesterday (1-26) was my birthday. Had a wrapped gift on my front seat in the morning when I got into my Vette to go to work. Turtle ICE it is! Now let's get some nice weather going soon so I can get started!! Thanks for all the advice and helpfulness. 56 :)

I hate to tell you this but you're not going to meet your durability requirement with ICE. BUT I think you need to try it now that you own the product so that you can compare it to your next product.

You're going to get about 2 weeks of durability OR 2 car washes (whichever comes first). The product is nearly pure silicone. It will shine with your first application but any product will accomplish the same feat.

If you don't believe me, check out the Autopia site.

Does anyone know if i should avoid using an orbital buffer to wax my car?

Doing it by hand does take a long time, i dont really mind that so much just as long as i dont have to do it every 2 weeks. Im looking at various products but it seems the auto store doesnt quite have that much selection.

Does anyone know if i should avoid using an orbital buffer to wax my car?

Doing it by hand does take a long time, i dont really mind that so much just as long as i dont have to do it every 2 weeks. Im looking at various products but it seems the auto store doesnt quite have that much selection.

I have one, but I haven't used it in years. I never used it on my Corvette and to tell you the truth I'm not sure that it's any easier than doing it by hand. I have found Megiars and Liquid Glass to be easy to work with and they hold up really well.

It seems to me that in the hands of a skilled user a buffer is probably a great tool, but if you don't really know what you're doing (like me) the benefits are at best imperceptible, at worst, you could damage your paint. (especially on a car with such sharp lines)
:beer

Try Adam's. I can apply/remove a coat on the Z06 and an extended cab silverado in one hour, and not touch it again for six months.

Try Adam's. I can apply/remove a coat on the Z06 and an extended cab silverado in one hour, and not touch it again for six months.

When you're finished with the Turtle wax, do yourself a favor and buy a can of Marque D'Elegance by Collinite. It was recommended by someone on the CAC, and it's the best wax I've ever used by far. And it's just 1 step/application. You won't use anything else. -John

Use Turtle Wax. You can't beat the quality, ease of use, results and price. Spend your money and time somewhere else, not on overpriced waxes.

Today Was the Day

Great weather today. Drove home with the top off. Decided I'd get the hose out of winter storage and wash the car. Was planning on doing the wash and wax next week during spring break, but I got too excited and did it today instead. Took and hour and a half and the results are very nice! I know ICE may not be the greatest or most expensive or last the longest, but I really like the application with its clearness. No white residue when dry in the creases. Notice the reflection of house and photographer on car. Picture taken after 6pm with sun almost set behind house. I'm ready for some compliments tomorrow and Wed. as I head to Shreveport to see a new great-nephew! :)

WaxMar5.jpg

It's minus 25 here with the wind chill, and that's no exaggeration. It's NASTY out there!

Great weather today. Drove home with the top off. Decided I'd get the hose out of winter storage and wash the car. Was planning on doing the wash and wax next week during spring break, but I got too excited and did it today instead. Took and hour and a half and the results are very nice! I know ICE may not be the greatest or most expensive or last the longest, but I really like the application with its clearness. No white residue when dry in the creases. Notice the reflection of house and photographer on car. Picture taken after 6pm with sun almost set behind house. I'm ready for some compliments tomorrow and Wed. as I head to Shreveport to see a new great-nephew! :)

WaxMar5.jpg

Very nice :beer

2001 Corvette Coupe, Torch Red/Torch Red int., 1SC, F45, MX0, G92, N73, C2L, V49, B34, B84, UN0
Order Number: CQXNZ7 Seq#: 003445 Born: 08/14/2000 #40 of 157 off the line
VIN: 1G1YY22G315103489 Delivered: 08/25/2000
1963 Corvette Coupe, Ermine White/Red, L84, M20, U69
VIN: 30837S119240
Midwest Early Corvette Club
National Corvette Museum Lifetime Membership #865, NCRS Member #40855
Previously owned Corvette: 1980 White/Dark Blue L48
Nebraska Zaino Distributor

Uh Jack, I think I will need a little more info.:L :L

I have more info but the web administrator won't allow me any more room.:beer

To each his/her own. Personally, I use all Zaino products and they fit the bill for me.

ALL ARE GOOD BUT...

COMPARED WITH CAR CARE PRODUCTS OF 10 YEARS AGO ALL ARE GOOD IF NOT GREAT. WHEN I TOOK DELIVERY OF THE 07 YELLOW MONSTER A FRIEND GAVE ME A SAMPLE OF ADAMS. IT WENT ON SO EASY AND CAME OFF SO FAST I GAVE ALL THE OTHER GUYS PRODUCTS AWAY NOT BECAUSE IT WAS BAD BUT BECAUSE ADAMS IS THAT MUCH BETTER! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE ADAMS PRODUCTS, SEND IT BACK AND ADAM WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK PLUS 10%. DO ANY OTHER CAR CARE PRODUCTS OFFER THAT KIND OF A DEAL??? THE ALMOST 10 YEAR OLD GRAND GIRL NOW EVEN CALLS THE YELLOW MONSTER THE SKITTLES CAR BECAUSE THE ADAMS PRODUCTS HAVE SUCH A PLEASANT SMELL THAT LAST A LONG LONG TIME.

Can someone recommend a wax that will really bring out my silver C5. I've used a couple of the brand names including nxt but nothing really makes me say WOW when I'm finished. I know that this area is largely personal preference but many of us tend to think alike!

Can someone recommend a wax that will really bring out my silver C5. I've used a couple of the brand names including nxt but nothing really makes me say WOW when I'm finished. I know that this area is largely personal preference but many of us tend to think alike!

See my recommendations concerning Collinite's Marque D'Elegance. It was developed by power company to protect high voltage power lines - supposedly. The first time (and several times thereafter) you wash your car after applying you'll be amazed at how the water just seems to explode off your cars finish. It's truly a great product, one that was recommended to me by a CAC member, and I highly recommend it - especially for "silver!":D

-John

In my humble opinion I like Zaino and Meguires. They've never let me down owning a black car. But then again "black cars look better in the shade...."

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom