Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie with C4 headlight problems

goldenc4

Corvette
1984 Gold Coupe
Hi, Just bought what's left of a 1984 Corvette coupe. So I am sure I will be posting a lot and want to thank you all ahead of time. First problem is the headlights of course. When I got the car the lights were up and the wires were disconnected. As soon as I pluggged the wires in the lights rotated shut but will not re-open. Should I be checking for an electrical problem or is this in the gears or bushings that I read about in other posts? If it's electrical where is the first place to check?
Thanks
Jim

Hi, Just bought what's left of a 1984 Corvette coupe. So I am sure I will be posting a lot and want to thank you all ahead of time. First problem is the headlights of course. When I got the car the lights were up and the wires were disconnected. As soon as I pluggged the wires in the lights rotated shut but will not re-open. Should I be checking for an electrical problem or is this in the gears or bushings that I read about in other posts? If it's electrical where is the first place to check?
Thanks
Jim
The headlamp door relays are in front of the Left front tire under a rectangular cover by a big black vacuum ball!! Theres 3 of them,I think you have 1 or more bad!!:thumb:thumb May even be a bad conection!!:upthumbs

Hi,
Replaced all 3 relays and now everything works, had problems with signal lights and dug out flasher unit and fixed that as well. Thanks so much!
Now on to new post about digital dash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom