Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Next Generation Corvette to be Mid-Engined?

New cars and models etc.

I'd like the one I bought to run. From a maufacturer's stanpoint building a car is REALITIVITY easy !!! What screws up the car is evething they add onto the car to raise its price. ONSTAR, ELECTRIC THIS, LOCK HERE MONITOR THIS THINK OF THE WEIGHT ALL THIS JUNK ADDS ON IT. I agree make a division for Corvette from sensible(like nice shoes) to exotic if you want the phone to ring get it. Work on the quality, tighten the specs between the gaps on the cars. Make a Corvette but make it bullet proof. I'm tired of little lights going on that have nothing to to do with th car. Have 3 or 4 models . To me $55.000 plus takes the "CHARM"out of them Working under the ole shade tree is gone except 50 year old cars. Yes they sell them all except this year: look at the '06s that are left over and they still want sticker. FIRE EVERBODY AND START OVER do something but I think we all just want to start the car AND RIDE. The world is going to leave the "ole vette" behind, when you start matching dollars to dollars someday. I'm 58 and I see who drives our cars and I see who drive other sport cars we're losing. There will always be able to sell them but now they cost more than a small house That's a limited market and and we're dying every day. THINK ABOUT IT. I don't want my retirement days sitting at the shop waiting for a $5 part so the car wil start or a ride from the courtesy shuttle. Make a prooduct and make it right the first time and try to teach some quality control and customer service to the GM dealerships.

walter

GM build a Mid-engine Vette?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Its hard to imagine that a company that’s loosing money by the billions could afford the tooling, R&D and overall production costs for a limited production vehicle that wont even pay back a fraction of the expenses it took to design and build. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The Corvette is one of the few unmitigated success stories for GM, they should leave it as close to it is now as they possibly can while adding power and improving quality. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Maybe when the rest of the GM line is built to world class standards and they start turning a respectable profit GM can **** away money on one of the few lines that pretty much sells itself as is for over 50 years. <o:p></o:p>

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom