Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Nice barn find

Sounds cool, but I can't get to the pictures without an account. Is there anyone that can post them? And maybe a name, address and phone number for the current owner? :D

>> Copied From another Forum<<

it is a 1955 Corvette.... one of 325 made that year in white (second lowest production year for Corvette (700 total) and first year for a V8).... this car has the 265ci V8 with optional powerglide transmission.....

Car was driven 24253.3 miles... car still had original spark plugs, plug wires, belts, wiring, # matching engine, transmission, and even has the factory battery....

Again - not a pro touring car but my friend's grandmother has it parked in her garage under a bunch of boxes....

THE BEST PART! my friend's grandfather purchased it new... I found the original ownership papers, invoices, sales papers, ect in his office (he passed away last year and the car was heired to his wife) Story is he drove the car until 1963 and then parked it.... been sitting there sinse... literally has not seen the light of day in over 40 years....

so... i'll be trying to buy it....
Picture014-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Amazing...

-Mac

Unbelieveable!

SAVE THE :w

you might find that you can just wash the whole car and have a nice little jewel there......

Lets all pray that someone doesn't restore it. All it needs is a good cleaning and preservation repairing only what is necessary to make it functional. What a piece of untouched history!

In many cases

Past experience has shown that in a lot of cases, those who stumble upon these type of finds, are not necessarily in a position to appreciate what they have found, nor it's real value.

Then when the info is posted, a zillion people want in on the deal. This gentlemen has already half a dozen ( the same day ) offers to take this a little further.

In my opinion it all comes back to the " snooze and loose " thingy.

Stepinwolf

Wow! That's just unreal...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom