Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NIGHTMARE..

Andy

Corvette
1976 Millenium Yellow / 1979 Greenwood Daytona
Hi Guys.....For the past 4 years, maybe 2x a year (if i am real lucky)..I get to see the car below..named "Nightmare". The owner of this car is a man named Don Kellner. Don has owned the car since 1980. The vette itself is a 1970, sidepipe car with a NASCAR engine setup..Don went thru 5 seperate modules/chips before he got the right configuration for this MONSTER!....Nightmare dyno's at 914HP...The interior this ofseason was changed to white leather..looks real nice. Don was at the same show I was at on Sunday in Jersey..He took Best of show, as he should have. I spent a good deal of time talking to him and his wife. He did a show about 2 months ago in Conneticut.....3200 cars...took home best of show...thats the caliber of this vette. The only thing on the vette thats not custom fabricated are the doors and the hardtop, which are from 1970..Seamless rear on the car..running MT tires.....Don has a remote control he uses when he is at shows to raise the car ;;It has major air ride suspension lifts and also has 2 power window units attached to rods which automatically open and shut his hood.....Of all the Vettes I have ever seen, Nightmare is the best, ever......One thing I did find out from his wife this weekend..I asked her" where did the name Nightmare" come from......She said, "the car has been so hard to build it was Dons Nightmare"....so the name stuck....if u ever get to see this car in person....it will be a treat......Oh, on top of the 914HP..he runs NOS as well...

Andy

Yup, I'll vouch for Andy. This car is absolutley incredible!!! 914 HP with 904 going to the rear wheels!!!! I happen to be at the entrance handing out the registration forms when Nightmare pulled in. I was in total awe, along with my son, who at that moment looked like Homer Simpson eyeing a Duff Beer and a donut!!!!

Oh yeah, if your wondering what kinda mileage he gets.....8 MPG using premium fuel.

Chrisr said:
Yup, I'll vouch for Andy. This car is absolutley incredible!!! 914 HP with 904 going to the rear wheels!!!! I happen to be at the entrance handing out the registration forms when Nightmare pulled in. I was in total awe, along with my son, who at that moment looked like Homer Simpson eyeing a Duff Beer and a donut!!!!

Oh yeah, if your wondering what kinda mileage he gets.....8 MPG using premium fuel.

1% loss engine to rear wheels??? :eyerole You guys don't have any smilies for B.S., which is what I am declaring.

Let's see the dyno sheets, both engine and chassis.

glen242 said:
1% loss engine to rear wheels??? :eyerole You guys don't have any smilies for B.S., which is what I am declaring.

Let's see the dyno sheets, both engine and chassis.

According to the owner, that's what he's claiming. I know there's 904 RWHP. I may have the 914 wrong, or he inadvertantly gave me the wrong number. Could it be 940??? Nope, check the pic And posted of the SHowBoard, 914hp.

He also went thru 5 NASCAR engines to get the set up he wanted.

I'd love to add the reciepts up for that car!!

Andy and Chris
that car sure was a beauty and one of the very few cars that seems to take some of the crowds away from Andy's car :)
Not to worry though, Andy still had more people coming around to look at his car than just about any other car at the show (except Nightmare)

Andy's car always does draw a crowd, and rightly so!!!

Let me see what strings I can pull for next year. Maybe I can get Andys car up on the grass with Nightmare!!!!! That would be something to see!!!

Nightmare is real elusive. Glad Don joined your club!! At least that may tie him to the event a bit more.....

Andy

Chrisr said:
Andy's car always does draw a crowd, and rightly so!!!

Let me see what strings I can pull for next year. Maybe I can get Andys car up on the grass with Nightmare!!!!! That would be something to see!!!

Andy and Chris

how can we get Don to show up with Nightmare to our show in Oct? :)

Penske chevrolet show..June 11th....he normally comes to the show....If I see him, do we have FLYERS made up yet??? Also, if not, he normally goes to carlisle...in August...If you run into him their, Leave him a flyer or talk to him and his wife.....Need a special class for him.."Race prepared".......

I know the city where he lives, so we can track him down and send things to his house..if not heck, since he joined Chris's club,,they have his address on file.....

If he is coming to our show, someone should meet him somewhere and he can follow them down...kahunaville is nuts if u don't know where to go.......Wish we had a different location for the show.

BarryK said:
Andy and Chris

how can we get Don to show up with Nightmare to our show in Oct? :)

Chrisr said:
He also went thru 5 NASCAR engines to get the set up he wanted.
Have only seen above pics of Nightmare ... beautiful piece!

:confused But ... to me ... its power seems based on a Big Block with a Blower? ... neither of which have anything to do with nascar. Seems about 40 years back BBC were permitted for 1 or 2 seasons; then quickly banned ... don't believe blowers were ever permitted. I'm certain nascar has not permitted either for many years.:confused

Checkout this website below ..It is a Corvette Club that Don and Sue belong to. Their is more info. about the car on that site.

www.ccdv.com

Andy

Jack said:
Have only seen above pics of Nightmare ... beautiful piece!

:confused But ... to me ... its power seems based on a Big Block with a Blower? ... neither of which have anything to do with nascar. Seems about 40 years back BBC were permitted for 1 or 2 seasons; then quickly banned ... don't believe blowers were ever permitted. I'm certain nascar has not permitted either for many years.:confused

If thats the same Kellner that lives in West Point.... When he starts that thing up, I can hear it from my house two blocks away.... Nice machine!!

Rich80 said:
If thats the same Kellner that lives in West Point.... When he starts that thing up, I can hear it from my house two blocks away.... Nice machine!!

If I'm not mistaken Rich80, Don does live near Lansdale.

Rich.....I bet it is..beacuse I know he lives near LANSDALE!!! Theirs a vette show Sunday at penske Chevrolet in King of prussia..hopefullu he will be their.

Andy

Rich80 said:

Nightmare will be at the WILLOW GROVE show sunday..Bummer..but here's a pic of him from way on up at Chris's show in MArlton.

Andy

Andy said:
Rich.....I bet it is..beacuse I know he lives near LANSDALE!!! Theirs a vette show Sunday at penske Chevrolet in King of prussia..hopefullu he will be their.

Andy

Andy said:
Nightmare will be at the WILLOW GROVE show sunday..Bummer..but here's a pic of him from way on up at Chris's show in MArlton.

Andy

Cool pic Andy!!! Did you go up in the fire truck to get that one???

I found the pic on classic corvettes website under 2006 promenade at sagemore event pics......It is a neat one.....

Andy

Chrisr said:
Cool pic Andy!!! Did you go up in the fire truck to get that one???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom