Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

no 40th Z's done with Callaway

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
Was thinking of trading my current ride for a 40th ZR1, and send it to Callaway for a supernatural 490 package. According to them they have never done this to a 40th Z. Wonder what the value would be when done. Do you think it would bring the z price down since they only made a few hundred of them. or be worth more since it's one of a kind and most likely won't every get another one to transform

JMHO...

I think it is a great idea, and would be an awesome Corvette.

The ZR1 community may have to warm to the idea, and the general Corvette Community would look at it in awe, with all kinds of comments.. BUT, like fine wine, with age, I think it would become a collector's Heart Throb, esp. document by Callaway and a complete car history ;)

It would take a special Corvette or Car Collector to have bring top dollar. You would have a one of kind (documented one of a kind) I also think Callaway would want to do a feature on it with specs. that compare the L98, LT4, ZR1 to it, the press alone would help make this something of collector item right off the bat.

Like I said this Is Just My Humble Opinion :D :J

just got off the phne with them to verify, they have not done any 40th "z's". but they tell me it would be worth more to leave it stock as it's going to be the next hot collector car. Also price to do the full SuperNatural 490 package with aerobody is around 50k. 19 grand just for the motor. One day she WILL be mine ..

I think a Ruby Aerobody ZR-1 would be an awesome car! Why not make it a Twin Turbo? I read about someone doing a Grand Sport w/an Aerobody/SupeNatural and it's supposed to be one of a kind. But a Z w/Aero is way Cool... :)

HwyStar said:
I think a Ruby Aerobody ZR-1 would be an awesome car! Why not make it a Twin Turbo? I read about someone doing a Grand Sport w/an Aerobody/SupeNatural and it's supposed to be one of a kind. But a Z w/Aero is way Cool... :)

There are 5 Grand Sports now done with a Callaway package, two years ago there was only one of them

40th Anniv Callaway ZR1?

Hi,

In fact a single 40th Anniv 490hp package was done back in 1996. Callaway records are not that good. I meet the gentleman who owned at the Corvette Expo in Knoxville that same year.

As to twin turbo packages, Callaway is no longer do them. They do not have and cannot get the T04 used in all the other models (except 1987- IHI Turbo System). Roto master is out of business.

Currently, only one ZR1 Supernatural Tw-Turbo was ever built by Callaway. We have heard rumors about another but it has not surfaced. Built at a cost 200k for a gentlemen in upstate New York in 1995. It was a 1994 model. Currently, it is for sale at a blow out price of 140k. This is not a true street car.

I have all the data if anyone is interested. A picture is attached here.

Good day to all,

Stan A

There is (and has been) a 40th anniv Callaway for sale (NOT a ZR1) in Warren? MI. the asking price is 24grand fromthe trader ad... Callaway, CONVERTIBLE, 40th Anniversary, ruby red, 450 hp, hard top, 6 speed, too much to list, $24000, (586)764-2569 WARREN
Somebody BUY this car!!!

Chris, is that car still for sale? Seems like what we're talking about here is a one of a kind deal. If it's got loooooow mileage... wanna go halves?

EricVonHa said:
Chris, is that car still for sale? Seems like what we're talking about here is a one of a kind deal. If it's got loooooow mileage... wanna go halves?

Eric, I keep seeing the ad "refreshed". Don't know if it is still for sale. No can do on the 1/2's, I wish but my better 1/2 would put me out in the garage if I bring home another vehicle :eek
I do wish someone would buy it...If it hasn't already

Re: 40th Anniv Callaway ZR1?

Stan A said:
Currently, only one ZR1 Supernatural Tw-Turbo was ever built by Callaway. We have heard rumors about another but it has not surfaced.

Stan - I just want to clarify this statement. I know there was a big discussion on it about a year ago. This may technically be the only ZR1 SuperNatural TT but it's 1 of at least 3 LT5 Twin Turbos. There is the Cherry Smash Speedster and the LM (Lemans) bodied Speedster with the custom hardtop. They are both LT5 Twin Turbo engines. I know the guy who built the bodies and custom designed the air intakes for the intercoolers. They may well not have started life as ZR1s but rather C4 Convertibles.

My memory is kind of failing me right now but there may have been another LT5 Twin Turbo car that went to England.

Actually, 2 years ago there were 3 Callaway Grand Sports. I am the original owner of the 1st one done, which was completed in December of '96.
There is a plaque mounted on the underside of the hood, made by the Callaway folks, signifying it as GS #0001. I also had the engine builders sign the hood underside.

I agree that a 40th Anniversary Ruby ZR1 would be awesome as a Callaway CR1 with the full Aerobody package. However, I don't think I could bring myself to make the alterations to such a rare car. Personally, I'd much rather take a '90 that needs a little TLC and make it into a supercar. As long as it's going to get engine and paint work anyway, why mangle a pristene car? Now if there happened to be a 40th out there that met with lots of cosmetic damage... that's another story.

Kinda funny, looking back at what I had considered purchasing - and what I actually brought home (bless my Wife :) )

I really thought I would end up sleeping on the sofa in the garage after leaving for home w/ the Ruby Aero SNAT 425 - glad I bought it and even better It was well received :upthumbs

I would still go 1/2's on Callaway # 89-010 if we could get it back here to the States ;)

90Callaway said:
I agree that a 40th Anniversary Ruby ZR1 would be awesome as a Callaway CR1 with the full Aerobody package. Now if there happened to be a 40th out there that met with lots of cosmetic damage... that's another story.

Kevin - there was a Ruby zr1 for 14k or, so... in the Tidewater , VA area a few mos. ago - Hmmm...... ;)

90Callaway said:
I agree that a 40th Anniversary Ruby ZR1 would be awesome as a Callaway CR1 with the full Aerobody package. However, I don't think I could bring myself to make the alterations to such a rare car.

SHAMELESS PLUG
If anybody really wants to do this, I have the perfect car for sale. '93 Ruby ZR-1, 2200 miles. Having it converted would be just like getting a "brand new" Callaway! Click here for details

Like 90Callaway, I can't bring myself to do it (nor do I want to sink the $$ into it), but I'm sure someone out there can.

And selling it would make room for the B2K car that I want to replace it with...;)
/SHAMELESS PLUG

Later,
Jonstr

jonstr said:
SHAMELESS PLUG

Like 90Callaway, I can't bring myself to do it (nor do I want to sink the $$ into it), but I'm sure someone out there can.

And selling it would make room for the B2K car that I want to replace it with...;)
/SHAMELESS PLUG

Later,
Jonstr

Shameless plug ;LOL ZR1 looks like a good "donor car" for a CR1 ;)

Here is my 40th Anniv Callaway Aerobody Convertible that I did buy (instead of the 93 Ruby 40th vert mentioned earlier in this thread - Glad I waited for the right one :upthumbs )
attachment.php

supernatural400 said:
Was thinking of trading my current ride for a 40th ZR1, and send it to Callaway for a supernatural 490 package. According to them they have never done this to a 40th Z. ... or be worth more since it's one of a kind and most likely won't every get another one to transform

You would have to do a LeMans body since the mold is currently not avail. That would be NEAT!!!! as there is only one other LM ZR1 coupe done :upthumbs
Lotsa value retained in that :)

How many LT5 TT's

There are 3. Two Speedsters(Aero & LM) & one stealth aqua blue one with no outside mods.(Just two holes in the hood):D

Re: Re: no 40th Z's done with Callaway

*89x2* said:
You would have to do a LeMans body since the mold is currently not avail. That would be NEAT!!!! as there is only one other LM ZR1 coupe done :upthumbs
Lotsa value retained in that :)

What is the LeMans body and what mold is broke?:(

Cross

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom