Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

Paint

Metal back from media blast.jpgSeals ARGGHHH!.jpgIn primer 1.jpgIn primer 2.jpgIn primer 3.jpgIn primer 4.jpg
Now we start putting the good stuff in!

Color coat 1.jpgColor coat 3.jpgColor coat 2.jpgClear coat 1.jpgClear coat 2.jpgClear coat 4.jpg
Wow thats's different!! As you can see in the last photo it is getting there, but no fuel tank in there yet.

Back from paint!.jpgOut in public the first time.jpgHead on view.jpgFront view.jpgRear view.jpg
Well that has been quite the journey! I am very happy with the result. I know it isn't a numbers correct restoration. But it is burning gas and smashing bugs! I have been to it's first car show. You can tell the Corvette guys by their reaction, "aftermarket" muttered under their breath, an quick glance under the hood and a walk-away. Well, the color should give that away! I AM HAVING A GREAT TIME! Driving my Corvette. No hangar queen, just a driver.

Well that has been quite the journey! I am very happy with the result. I know it isn't a numbers correct restoration. But it is burning gas and smashing bugs! I have been to it's first car show. You can tell the Corvette guys by their reaction, "aftermarket" muttered under their breath, an quick glance under the hood and a walk-away. Well, the color should give that away! I AM HAVING A GREAT TIME! Driving my Corvette. No hangar queen, just a driver.

I love restorations as well as anyone, but, I also understand that if you get BIG BUCKS invested in a numbers matching total restoration, you don't drive them for fear of something happening to them. I like your choice to create a nice driver.....screw the purists snobs who don't understand that. The only person, whose opinion really matters, is your own. If you like the result, that's all that matters. But, I'll say, "I like the result too."

BTW, I'd love to have a C2 driver.

I like your choice to create a nice driver.....screw the purists snobs who don't understand that. The only person, whose opinion really matters, is your own. If you like the result, that's all that matters. But, I'll say, "I like the result too."

^yeahthat

The only person, whose opinion really matters, is your own. If you like the result, that's all that matters. But, I'll say, "I like the result too."

What he said!
Andy

Your car looks great. It's sure come a long way and you should be proud of your accomplishment. Mu '67 427 coupe was a long way from original too but I enjoyed it almost every day.

Tom

I love restorations as well as anyone, but I like your choice to create a nice driver.

I used to work at the Orange County Airport (now John Wayne) washing Private Planes in my youth. Some of those birds never left the hangar. We called those beautiful aircraft "Hangar Queens", I would have killed to fly one of them, but they just sat and had maintenance pulled and got washed once a week. Such a waste! I never did get my ticket, I still loved those Birds.

It's hard to understand having an airplane like that and never using it. I don't know anything about aircraft values other than vintage warbirds but is there any benefit to that like parking a new Ferrari for several years and only putting on a few hundred miles?

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom