Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No cruising with control

jenkx

Help.
MY 82 c3 has never had an operating cruise control. The switch seems to work work via tester and the servo holds vacum. I did install a new transducer also. All hoses are going to the right areas.
There is a small solenoid on the top of the transducer that someone mentioned that it is part of the resume system. I know that I'm getting good vacuum to the solenoid but I'm not sure if it passing through the solinoid.
Suggestions please?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Boy - I remember unplugging the connector and turning it 90° and plugging what was the vertical female on the horizontal male spade. Key on and pushing the set button, if I heard it clicking the set switch and resume solenoid was OK.
Then I went to the brake switch, found the vacuum dump the problem most of the time

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Hi again.....I had to take a break from working on the vet to work.
Now I Habs time to continue with my cc problem.
I have check all of the electrical connections from the switch to the cc unit a day all is well. I have replaced the brake switch too. I noticed that when I was checking the engage button, my tester showed a pulse for a connection. Not a constant on. Is this right?
Is there a way to check the transducer itself?
Still no cruise.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The cruise control also uses a switch on the brake pedal that will disengage the cruise control when the brake pedal is depressed. It's possible your switch has been disconnected or removed by a previous owner.

Thank you for the reply.
I did replace the switch with the electrical contact for the disengage. I checked it and it is properly working through the wiring diagram. Now I'm checking the cruise brake release valve. I ran a vacuum check and it seems to lack the ability to hold pressure.
I'm looking to replace this next.
I am looking for a resistance measurement for the transducer if anyone could help with that please.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The issue is usually the transducer. Do a search here on this forum as I posted my own corrective solution which may help you get your cruise to work again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My diaphragm failed about 20 years ago and I never bothered to replace it. First of all a replacement cost about $100 and secondly I never liked to use a cruise control anyway. I would much rather have full control over my throttle all the time and if my foot gets a little tired on a long trip I just stop for a while and walk around. Take a leak, buy some snacks, stretch my arms and legs, and enjoy the moment. When I travel I have always felt it's better to drive slowly and enjoy the sights.

Bingo on the cruise brake release valve. I now have cruise control.
Thank you everyone

The switch was physically there. The vacuum side of the switch leaked and the electrical contacts created a short.
The unit looked original from 82

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom