Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No Mark, remove ALL the nuts

Kid_Again

Corvette
65 SB Roadster, 66 BB Coupe
helped VNV remove his car's heater box today in preparation for his AC install....i was the "inside man" and he did all the work removing the outside blower box....seemed like he took forever taking the nuts off the blower box...yeah, yeah, yeah, two nuts on one stud...whatever:eyerole

...not surprisingly, the underside of his car's dash was as nice as the interior

...always happy to help a friend and i especially enjoyed bending the heater box in half to get it out from under the birdcage..makes life interesting:w

helped VNV remove his car's heater box today in preparation for his AC install....i was the "inside man" and he did all the work removing the outside blower box....seemed like he took forever taking the nuts off the blower box...yeah, yeah, yeah, two nuts on one stud...whatever:eyerole

...not surprisingly, the underside of his car's dash was as nice as the interior

...always happy to help a friend and i especially enjoyed bending the heater box in half to get it out from under the birdcage..makes life interesting:w

Yeah...forgot about all those doubled up nuts ..washers . Thanks for your help.

:beer

...also forgot to mention the "Mark Richman Memorial Parts and Tools Catcher". VNV has an INGENIOUS idea. Fill a pan full of radiator water and put it ANYWHERE under your car. Magically, anything that you drop anywhere will find its way into that pan.:cool

...AND it makes an EXCELLENT margarita base

...also forgot to mention the "Mark Richman Memorial Parts and Tools Catcher". VNV has an INGENIOUS idea. Fill a pan full of radiator water and put it ANYWHERE under your car. Magically, anything that you drop anywhere will find its way into that pan.:cool

...AND it makes an EXCELLENT margarita base

You're funny guys........ :L

VNV has an INGENIOUS idea. Fill a pan full of radiator water and put it ANYWHERE under your car. Magically, anything that you drop anywhere will find its way into that pan.:cool

Great idea. I'm now using a similar tactic on the roads. I always pick the longest lane in any line-up, and magically, I get there faster. :W

No, really. :D

Sounds like that A/C project is moving forward. ;)

Great idea. I'm now using a similar tactic on the roads. I always pick the longest lane in any line-up, and magically, I get there faster. :W

No, really. :D

Sounds like that A/C project is moving forward. ;)

Yes it just started to roll again. Due to my Anal-Isum ...I brought the project to a halt for about 5 weeks. This was due to having the Compressor's unused lugs near the fendor well machined off. Of course this required another non chrome compressor be torn down for machining and then chromed and reassembled.

Then there is the re-engineering of the Compressor adjusting rod and the engineering of heater lines with "AN" fittings and a in line manual shut off valve. Not to mention the engineering of the SS refrigerant lines and the engineering of the Fan system mounted on the condensor (Not Stock).

So yes it's moving forward... How fast..???? Who knows... pic's & text to follow once lines are laid in.:duh :( :gap

Mark & Joe

The phrase 'mountain out of a mole hill' comes to mind. But then again there's Dewey's '53 Studebaker. No overkill there either.

Steve

..i am THE world's expert in creating those mountains and i'm NEVER satisfied with my work....as i say, if you do it correctly, you're never done:eyerole

I know what you mean. I wasn't happy with the way the dip stick tube fit on the Turbo 400 so, the other night I pulled it. Took it over to a friends house who has a tubing bender and 'adjusted' it. No body could see it so who cares - me! Of course I then had to strip off the old paint and repaint it before the reinstall. Oh yeah, the bolt was kind of rusty. Happen to have a nice grade 8 bolt. Jees, a grade 8 to hold the dip stick tube. Well you never know. I will stop at this point - no use making myself look worse.

Steve

Mark & Joe

The phrase 'mountain out of a mole hill' comes to mind. But then again there's Dewey's '53 Studebaker. No overkill there either.

Steve

That's nothing compared to having Dewey there while working... Let's see...
4 Hours to get the jobe done....3 hours 45 min of Dewey talking... and 15 min worth of work...;LOL
:rotfl

No, and the steaks were great - but, Kid served up some pretty good sandwiches when I was there.

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom