Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No news is news these days ...

L

LongTimer

Just got my DECEMBER Car & Driver Magazine. It has a nice article about the new GTO, but not a single pic or mention of the C6. This is aggravating.

C6 Misinformation

Well it's not like the subject hasn't been beaten to death. What I find amusing is when a magazine article does mention anything about the C6 it is immediately refuted by all the hacks that claim they have insider information - so why bother. In the end (sometime shortly after the January debute) the magazines that had it right will be able vindicate themselves. The hacks that had it wrong will (hopefully) go back into the hills and contemplate their navels.

Remo :cool

UM......... I have an innie.;LOL

The purpose of the post is that some participants here had speculated that due to the magazine lead times, GM may have provided them with an advance showing / drive. IF GM did that, it was not in time for even a mention in the Dec Car & Driver.

Let's face it guys & gals, GM has done a thorough job of building a firewall to keep information / pics contained. I would not be surprised if the first uncammoed C6 I see is in one of the car rags.

It's not that we in the corvette internet community don't have some VERY sharp people digging for information and pics, it's just that GM has an army of Lawyers ready to pounce on leaks. We are a very litigious society indeed.

Psssssssssst ....Pssssssssssst GM will not have a "real" press ride and drive till spring. They just don't want there BIG roll out in Detroit to be tarnished by mag writers saying "This is the new Corvette"? in there mags at the same time. ;) The only information is the propaganda stuff GM gives them in the press packet. My guess is that all the mags will show the same basic picures that GM gives them and release GMs propaganda as stated in the press kit. The real opnions and "good dissection" will come in the spring.

Ross,

I'd have to agree with you. GM's done a great job keeping things under wraps. I think they want the car to be the center of attention not the magazine writers and the hacks.

Remo :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom