Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No one stock's Arctic white!!!!

tls630

Corvette
69 roadster 88roadster
I went by my local dealer today and had him run a locater for An Artic white car.He went out 500 miles and could find none.I wanted red interior but would take another. No luck at all.i geuss the white is not popular. I live in Fla. and like white car's. Anyone out there seen any white's? TLS

The Chevy Dealer in Plattsburgh, NY (McBride Chevrolet @ 518-561-7400) has the one I ordered back in Oct '05. He wasn't able to get an alllocation until late January and I couldn't wait any longer. He went ahead and kept the car configured the way I wanted it: Arctic White vert A6 Z51 Nav/XM power top and I'm pretty sure red interior (it was to replicate the '02 we were trading in). For driving distance, I know it's approximately 1600 miles from Plattsburgh to Sarasota, as I just did 2 round-trips in our '06 VY vert over the past five weeks. Both trips averaged 28 mpg @ 75mph w/ AC on.
Good luck in your search.

Here in AZ white cars are popular - except for Vettes. Strange huh?

Thanks for the info. Platsburg a farther than I want to travel. It was decent gas milage I am surprised. thanks again.TLS

Hang in there good guys drive white.I truely believe that it is the sharpest of all colors .You can place an order for an 07 now .G.M won't pick it up till mid June.Good luck !

Thanks guy's I want an automatic, i'm ready to buy now if I could find what I want.JAGS FAN I am still waiting for price and availability? Are you out there? TLS

tls630 said:
I went by my local dealer today and had him run a locator for An Arctic white car.
This is the locator I'm trying to find. At one time I knew how to do a BIG search like this but have forgotten. I've posted my request to find it again, below. ("How Do I Search?")

I doubt that dealers really want customers to have this BIG search capability because they want to keep us "somewhat" under their control. Under GMBuypower we can only search 3 or 4 local dealers at a time.

Can you find out how your dealer pulled this 500 mile radius dealer inventory up?

Big Jimm
So. Fla.

Bobby Layman in Columbus, Ohio has a convertible white with red interior: try going through the Chevrolet website, "Find a vehicle" link, and use area code 43228. JagsFan could probably help you with it since he's at Jack Maxton in Columbus. If you want a coupe, try this the "Find a Vehicle" link. It works great for me.

When "Find a Vehicle" comes up on my computer, it won't allow you to fill in any of the blanks like model, year, etc.

Even if it did work, it says that the search is within 100 miles. I'd like a bigger search area.

Big Jimm
So. Fla.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, Big Jimm. I go to www.chevrolet.com, navigate to the vette page, then click the link on the left menu for "Find a Vehicle". Step 1 if Year, Model, and Style, while Step 2 allows you to enter any zip code or city, state. You're right that it only searchs within 100 miles of your reference point. Good luck!

There aren't many white C6s up here either. I was surprised the other day when I did a search on GM's website and found that a white one just arrived at a local dealer here. It's pretty much exactly how I would want it if I were to buy a new one right now too, it's white with ebony interior, automatic, NAV, Z51 and the rare chrome wheels too.

Steckmark said:
I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, Big Jimm. I go to www.chevrolet.com, navigate to the vette page, then click the link on the left menu for "Find a Vehicle". Step 1 if Year, Model, and Style, while Step 2 allows you to enter any zip code or city, state. You're right that it only searchs within 100 miles of your reference point. Good luck!
When I click on "Find a Vehicle" it opens that site ok but then the site has "printing over the printing" so you can tell that something isn't right.

You can never get to step 2. Anybody else try it?

Big Jimm
So. Fla.

Our dealer in Saint Leonard, Md (about 50 miles south of DC) has an artic white convertible with red interior. I don't know if it's an auto or manual trans.

I found a Artic White 05 6sp auto cp w/RED guts 4,000 mi. in Palatine, IL on my GMAC site!!:upthumbs

Over the weekend I was able to find a few with Ebony interior, but that would be my very last choice.The cashmere would be o.k. if I could not find red. I think at this point I might just order an 07. TLS

Does anyone know when they will stop production on the 06'S AND BEGIN ON THE 07'S. Being this late in the season maybe it would be best to wait.TLS

Arctic White is a rare color for a Corvette. You should just order one the way you want it equipped. The color white will reflect the heat so it stays cooler than all other colors and is the easiest color to maintain.

ABC
That is probably what I will do. I don't know when they start taking orders for the 07's, but I assume it won't be to long now. TLS

tls630 said:
ABC
That is probably what I will do. I don't know when they start taking orders for the 07's, but I assume it won't be to long now. TLS

I have both tops painted and transparent. The arctic white color goes better with the transparent roof.:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom