Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Not a Track Guy

jwawhite

Corvette
2003 Anny Coupe
Questions about the Z51 package....I don't think the ride quality is as comfortable...how about the freeway cruising? Are the RPMs higher, with the lower geared differential? And the tires, the larger sized wheels also are stiffer, with less side walls? The dry sump motor, isn't that more difficult to change out oil and filter for the DIYs? I may not need the extra coolers either.
I've taken my C5 to a track day with looks of what are you doing here with that vehicle? I get it it but it's not me.

I like a bit of spirited driving along with road trips but we need comfort and an auto trans, will I be asked to leave this web site?

Questions about the Z51 package....I don't think the ride quality is as comfortable...how about the freeway cruising? Are the RPMs higher, with the lower geared differential? And the tires, the larger sized wheels also are stiffer, with less side walls? The dry sump motor, isn't that more difficult to change out oil and filter for the DIYs? I may not need the extra coolers either.
I've taken my C5 to a track day with looks of what are you doing here with that vehicle? I get it it but it's not me.

I like a bit of spirited driving along with road trips but we need comfort and an auto trans, will I be asked to leave this web site?

You are correct to all of the above.

You may now quietly leave the website.....Just kidding of course. :)

Drive and enjoy which ever model you have

Not everyone needs the extra things that the Z51 package adds. If it's not right for you, don't buy a car with them....especially if you are purchasing a new one, or you are ordering a new one. Drive and enjoy!:thumb

How did you even get in here? :L

In years past, I had in my mind that stick was the only way to drive. Life and commuting in bumper-to-bumper traffic persuaded me otherwise.

Mac

My Stingray is the first base suspension Vette I've had in a looooooong time. I have come to the conclusion that I'm a cruiser now, and should not pay extra for a stiffer ride that makes trips a little less comfortable. If I had it to do over again, I'd do it again. If you like the looks of a Z51, you can order the pieces on a new car, or add a spoiler, slotted rotors and Z51 wheels to the base car. BTW, since I'm not racing anymore, I won't even hit 9/10 on the performance scale, so there isn't a advantage there either.

Not everyone needs the extra things that the Z51 package adds. If it's not right for you, don't buy a car with them....especially if you are purchasing a new one, or you are ordering a new one. Drive and enjoy!:thumb

I just wanted to say that Atomic Orange looks awesome. Was that factory color or did you paint it that? If it's factory I've not saw 1 that color were I live. Anyways nice ride.

I just wanted to say that Atomic Orange looks awesome. Was that factory color or did you paint it that? If it's factory I've not saw 1 that color were I live. Anyways nice ride.

Chuck, Atomic orange was a factory offering from 2007-2009. It is a stunning color. It was a requirement when I started looking for my C6.

Thanks for letting me know that. I learned something new. I'm shocked they only made that color for just few years. If they still had it when I bought mine that would have been one I would have definitely thought hard on buying one that color. Instead I went with a Torch Red Convertible and I have always preferred coupes over convertibles but when I went to the dealer they had 4 coupes 2 red and 2 white and then mine but it had the top down and I fell in love with it with the top down. Plus all the others had black rims. I'm not a fan of black rims but everyone has different tastes. 20151212_103827.jpg

Chuck, in 2005 and 2006 Chevy had Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic (DSOM), it's more of a "bronzie' orange. They brightened it up on 2007-2009 with the Atomic Orange (AO). I believe they dropped orange for a year and then came back with Inferno Orange (never seen them abbreviate that one, but would think IO) to finish out the 6th generation. DSOM was brought back for a short period of time in the C7 run, I don't remember which year(s). Not very long though. One of our moderators here (GSDiva) had a base C7 convertible, and now has a Z06 in DSOM. She and her husband also have owned something like three C6s in DSOM... You might come to the conclusion that they really like DSOM. :D

Sorry for the highjack....back to our regularly scheduled program

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom