Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Not really leaving but ...

Baldie88

Corvette
2016 triple black vert.
I am retiring next week and probably won't be checking CAC as much. Since I bought my 1988 about 13 years ago, one of the first things I do when I get to work is check CAC. I don't post much but do check it every day to gain all the knowledge that is available from everyone here.

Little did I know that when I drew lucky draft number 13 in 1969 that my planned career as a high school biology teacher would change to 42+ years working for the federal government. Combination Air Force/Air National Guard from 1972 to 1993, federal civil service from 1974 to 2005 and then a government contractor from 2005 to present. I ended up doing computer systems analysis work and for the past 25 years or so have helped maintain the Army's wholesale logistics system. Worked with literally thousands of dedicated people (and a few a$$holes along the way).

My plans are to enjoy a little downtime. I've already got a contractor scheduled to begin finishing off my basement (with space for a 70" TV!) as well as new kitchen counters and carpeting. With 3 grandkids now I hope to have more time to watch them grow and maybe spoil them a little along the way. And now I'll have a chance to do more trips with the local club and maybe drive the Vette more. Heck I don't think I put 1000 miles on it this year because of everything else I had going on.

So I'll check in from time to time and see how everyone is doing but I'll certainly look forward to a little "me" time for a while.

Ron
"Baldie88"

I am retiring next week and probably won't be checking CAC as much. Since I bought my 1988 about 13 years ago, one of the first things I do when I get to work is check CAC. I don't post much but do check it every day to gain all the knowledge that is available from everyone here.

Little did I know that when I drew lucky draft number 13 in 1969 that my planned career as a high school biology teacher would change to 42+ years working for the federal government. Combination Air Force/Air National Guard from 1972 to 1993, federal civil service from 1974 to 2005 and then a government contractor from 2005 to present. I ended up doing computer systems analysis work and for the past 25 years or so have helped maintain the Army's wholesale logistics system. Worked with literally thousands of dedicated people (and a few a$$holes along the way).

My plans are to enjoy a little downtime. I've already got a contractor scheduled to begin finishing off my basement (with space for a 70" TV!) as well as new kitchen counters and carpeting. With 3 grandkids now I hope to have more time to watch them grow and maybe spoil them a little along the way. And now I'll have a chance to do more trips with the local club and maybe drive the Vette more. Heck I don't think I put 1000 miles on it this year because of everything else I had going on.

So I'll check in from time to time and see how everyone is doing but I'll certainly look forward to a little "me" time for a while.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Lucky you!! Congrats on your well deserved retirement!! Kick back, smell the roses, and spoil those grandkids!!! :happyanim:

I am truely jealious... I got 6 more years! :eyerole

I check in more after retiring. I'm on my own dime now!

I retired last year and am really enjoying more seat time in the Z06. I still do some part time work and that helps pay the bills. Don't spend to much time in front of that TV, Ron. That car needs some exercise once in a while. Congratulations on your retirement.

Congrats on the retirement, Ron. I'm sure you are better off with your retirement from the government than you would have been as a retired teacher. ;)

Congratulations on retirement, Ron! I hope you still find the time to drop in occasionally. :thumb

Mac

Congratulations on retirement and I will be doing the same thing soon. I've spent the last few years gathering toys to keep us busy. I may do consulting; but that is up to them as I am not a cheap date. ;)

Enjoy!

Well this is my first time back on CAC since I retired. I retired shortly before Christmas and with all the holiday parties and such going on I figured I'd relax after the first of the year.

Prior to retiring my wife and I decided to have our basement finished due to the growing number of grandkids. We talked with a local contractor and decided on a plan, although more than what we wanted to spend, like that's a shock. He said he would maybe start about the end of January. Got a call Jan 2 and he said he would start Monday. So it's a mad scramble to move all the junk (aka "treasures") which about killed us. So we've been living in a construction zone ever since. Boxes everywhere and a lot of dust! So it's been anything but relaxing but I wouldn't change it for a second. And dummy me took on two more responsibilities since now I have so much "free" time.

And not to get off track, what are you outside of St. Louis hearing about our fair city? Especially since the Michael Brown killing won't seem to go away. St. Louis ended up with about 20 more murders in 2014 than 2013. And about a week ago we had 7 murders in one day. One about 2 blocks from where I worked in broad daylight. We've already exceeded the murders for a January than any other January. The city police chief announced increased patrols to help. Naturally some group came out in opposition the next day saying it would just mean that they would target black men. Gee, by my own unofficial count, I haven't seen anything but a black murder suspect in the past month as reported on TV. But don't get me started.

Ron
"Baldie88"

I kinda figured relaxing wasn't your style.

Thanks for checking in. Glad to hear you're enjoying retirement!!

Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom