Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

not so snug vert top

o2bnkc

Corvette
2024 Amplify Orange HTC
My soft top has a gap around the back between the body and bottom of the top. It's about "1/4 gap. I don't see a way to adjust the rings on the top or the clips that hold it down. The top is very tight when it is latched down, but I have that gap! It's a fairly new top and I don't think I am missing an parts. Is there a way to adjust this so there is no gap?

My soft top has a gap around the back between the body and bottom of the top. It's about "1/4 gap. I don't see a way to adjust the rings on the top or the clips that hold it down. The top is very tight when it is latched down, but I have that gap! It's a fairly new top and I don't think I am missing an parts. Is there a way to adjust this so there is no gap?

Any chance you can post a picture of it?

IMO if you put it in the sun on a warm day for a couple of hours, then drive down a highway at 75-80mph for a couple of hours with the windows closed and the floor vents open, it wil be pulled up enough (by airflow over the car)to stretch for latching when you are done.

Thanks for the responses guys. It will latch down ok, I just have this big gap. It's actually about a "1/2 gap around the back. I wonder if I put some thicker rubber around the rings that the latch hooks onto, it will help. I am computer stupid when it comes to trying to send pics. I never planned on driving this in bad weather, but it's just driving me crazy. I know it's not a problem that ranks up there with aids, muslim wackos, and world hunger, but hey, this is my world.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom