Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Not the smartest guy in a Mustang

J

Johnnykretentiv

Yesterday I was taking in a nice easy cruise. Trying to use up all the nice weather cause I know it won't last. (BTW - We need to arrange a Mid West Fall Colors cruise).

Anyway, this guy in a 02-03 4.6 liter Stang (looked and sounded stock) pulls up next to me. He has is wife in the passenger seat and a teenage son in the backseat. The light turns green and we slowly take off (normal speed). He then stomps on it and gives me the thumbs down like he owned me. WTF!!! I wasn't even thinking about racing.

Now I had my boy in the car too (4 years old) and was not about to do something stupid like race less than 200 meters away from a ramp onto I-90 with a kid in the car.

Anyone ever give you the thumbs down?

I wish I could line'em up and smoke this loser at the track. :mad

I've never got the thumbs down. He just needed an ego boost, since he knows he's been out classed. After all what kind of 'sports car' has a back seat'. If the Mustang isn't considered a 'Sports Car' then some might argue that it's a 'Muscle Car'. Only if you strap a blower on that engine and call it a Cobra. Then you might have a callenge, but only until his non-aerodynamic body lifts off the pavement at 150. Either way he was just insecure.

I've never got the thumbs down. He just needed an ego boost, since he knows he's been out classed. After all what kind of 'sports car' has a back seat'. If the Mustang isn't considered a 'Sports Car' then some might argue that it's a 'Muscle Car'. Only if you strap a blower on that engine and call it a Cobra. Then you might have a callenge, but only until his non-aerodynamic body lifts off the pavement at 150. Either way he was just insecure.

Yep. :boogie

Word - now in all fairness I do own a Mustang (V6) as my daily driver and it is one of the slowest cars I have ever driven. Prior to this I had a Cobra that was impressive but nothing like my Vette.

Ego Boost? I think you pinned the tail right on the pony.

All Mustangs Are Not Equal

On the other hand...don't screw with one of these.
Remo:cool
0607_z+2006_ford_mustang_gt_500+01.jpg

Gt500S

Those suckers are Nasty. I'll tell ya V8 mustangs always sound really good.

My son's WRX STi is faster than a 5.0 Mustang.

Yeh some of those mustangs are fast. until you have to go around a corner.

Time of Day Indeed

I wouldn't give him the time of day.

Jim - if one of these shows up in your rear view mirror - he's not going
to be asking you for the time of day.

07FordShelbyGT500_20.jpg

Hang On!!

Yeh some of those mustangs are fast. until you have to go around a corner.

John - the Shelby GT500 Cobra Mustang will out corner most any vette. It pulls
a full 1.0g on the skid pads.
07FordShelbyGT500_17.jpg

Back To The Future

The first high-speed hard corner and the new GT500 is looking fondly at Corvette taillights, just like all those years ago. ;)

Bob - I remember just how "well" the Corvettes stood up to these - back in the day.

Shelby%20GT%20350.jpg

This thread is turning in to a Mustang Showcase. I love the old ones!

I think the old ones are pretty sweet, but not impressed too much with the new cobra and other Shelby mustangs. The Roush on the other hand seems impressive, just waiting for the weekend when I get a chance to take one for a fun run on auto-x(friend of the family):D

I used to detail cars at a Saleen dealer in New Holstein WI. They also sold R Code Mustangs. Now those were fast cars. No back seat, no radio, no carpet. Just plain FAST!!!

Yeah some of em were quick but I remember when my dad owned a 70 ss 396 nova diddnt handle the best, but it sure did spank alot of ford ass!!

....Anyway, this guy in a 02-03 4.6 liter Stang (looked and sounded stock) pulls up next to me. He has is wife in the passenger seat and a teenage son in the backseat. The light turns green and we slowly take off (normal speed). He then stomps on it and gives me the thumbs down like he owned me. WTF!!! I wasn't even thinking about racing...

He's just compensating for having small displacement....

:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom