Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Now was the time to do it !!! Who else is buying a C5 now??

Alex D

Corvette
2004 Coupe A4, Mag Red II
With all the hype on the C5 1/2 (it's really not a C6), are there still any people like me that are jumping on the C5 bandwagon???

I just traded my trusty '96 C4 A4 which I owned since 1999 for a brand spankin' new Mag Red II 2004 C5 on Saturday..... one of our big local dealers is taking $7500 off the retail price, plus $2000 Chevy rebate or 0% financing for 60 months on all 2004s in stock.

My new Mag Red II Vette has all avail. options, except Z51 or selective mag ride.

Even though I was not in the market for teh C6, I asked. They wouldn't even talk about C6 yet....it'll be retail or whatever the market gives (last time it was $1500 to 3000 over retail for the first year).

They still have a fully loaded brand new 2003 Convertible (torch red/light oak/light oak), auto with all options incl. mag ride for only $44,899 bottom dollar. Anyone interested??

I never could understand why an automactic transmission is offered in a Corvette..but that's just me.

I had two six speeds (98 Camaro Z28 and 96 Corvette LT4) and got tired of rowing the gears. besides, in everyday traffic the A4 beats any M6 9 out of ten times. I don't have to grab and shift, just punch and I'm gone. Even on the track the A4 will run nicely with the M6 and with a converter is ot to be caught by a stock MN6.
Remember 70% of all vettes are A4s.

Alex D said:
With all the hype on the C5 1/2 (it's really not a C6), are there still any people like me that are jumping on the C5 bandwagon???

I'll probably be trading my '98 coupe for an '01 Z06 shortly. I agree it's a good time to be looking at any C5s.

If I had the money, I would be on the Z06 wagon so fast! :)

Alex D said:
They still have a fully loaded brand new 2003 Convertible (torch red/light oak/light oak), auto with all options incl. mag ride for only $44,899 bottom dollar. Anyone interested??
If you don't mind telling,
What did you end up paying and what was the sticker price??

If a Convert is just $44k, hmm.......
Maybe I see a coupe in my future??

Just ordered a C5 convertible Friday..Spiral Gray..Oak/Oak..Polished rims..Auto..3.15 rear...1SB...12 cd stack...Mueseum delivery. Can't wait!!

sidepipe said:
Just ordered a C5 convertible Friday..Spiral Gray..Oak/Oak..Polished rims..Auto..3.15 rear...1SB...12 cd stack...Mueseum delivery. Can't wait!!

Congratulations! When do you expect her? :beer

Too early to tell yet. Maybe mid April from what I hear...a long time!!

I'm with Alex

I consider the revision to the C5 more of a facelift rather than a total redesign. Unless the chassis was modified significantly along with the transmission and engine, then it is a similar facelift that happened with the c4 in '92. As far as getting a new C6, I've just purchased my '00 silver coupe in july. It was loaded and had the stick shift I was requiring. The price dropped 16K in 3 years. New cars are generally a bad 'investment', but they are definitely a great 'toy'. As far as stick verses auto. I drive a chevy truck with auto if I want to commute. I agree there is a definite advantage in traffic, but there is nothing like feeling the power of the engine in your right hand as you shift.

44K for a new convertible ??? I have just purchased an 03 Convertible. It's not new but it only has 3k on it. The sticker was 57K. The owner supplied me with 41K in upgrades (way too many to list here). I probably paid too much and will probably never be able to justify the purchase. But one thing... I'll probably havr to get my teeth whitened cuz I cant keep from grinning ear to ear when I drive it !! And I don't have to decide which mods to do to it since they are already done !!

nice color alex ;) i choose same with black interior.

i too was making the switch to auto as we are moving back to south florida next year and traffic is a bit much compared to up here in ct. and i was tired of 6 speed so auto was my choice but since the performance axle (i wouldn't do it without that option) were on 34% constraint i went with 6speed to fill what chevy was giving me and get it built rite away (i always order).
the timing was perfect for me as next year i will have 2 in college at same time so will take me awhile to load back up financially... now or who knows when?

after having 5 camaro SS's (96-97-98-2000-2002) and one 95 z i too took the plunge. never have kept my cars very long (sold them privately) anyhow but how can 1 not take advantage of deals now? most are just blowing them out for invoice, gmemployee :) or less and even the new residuals make it great for shortermers like myself. now i really had to question this having bought a last year ss but they aren't daily drivers so what the heck. and re-selling privately has never been a problem at all for me.

i love the C5 and truth betold no way i can get into a C6 any earlier than 3rd year as they will not be highly discounted and like everyone else i want best deal possible. and not a used car buyer this to me was a no brainer.

Couldn't agree more..NOW, is an excellent time to buy a new 2004.
Stanford Chevy (near Detroit) has about 150 new ones on sale, and they want to move 'em now to make room for the C6.

We just bought my convertible in October, now my wife is drooling over coupes. The convertible is a stick shift and she wants her own, with an automatic. Not likely to happen, but prices sure are tempting.
Bruce

VetteFanatic said:
44K for a new convertible ??? I have just purchased an 03 Convertible. It's not new but it only has 3k on it. The sticker was 57K. The owner supplied me with 41K in upgrades (way too many to list here). I probably paid too much and will probably never be able to justify the purchase. But one thing... I'll probably havr to get my teeth whitened cuz I cant keep from grinning ear to ear when I drive it !! And I don't have to decide which mods to do to it since they are already done !!

was that the one on ebay? with the ronial rims

Yes it was... I sent a separate reply directly to you IH2Lose

jayinatlanta said:
I'll probably be trading my '98 coupe for an '01 Z06 shortly. I agree it's a good time to be looking at any C5s.

Yup, I went ahead and traded the coupe for a Blk/Blk-TR Z06, 2004, build date 12/5/2003. Great time to buy a C5, I walked in there thinking I'd get a 2001 Z, but wound up getting nearly as good a deal on an '04 with that Nurburgring-tested suspension!
:D :D

Hey sidepipes,
Potsdam, NY. I see you'll have alot of time to look at you Vette if it gets here before April 1st. I use April 1ts as my "official Vette day. If the weather looks better in late March, I'll drive. I-81 is a great road to cruse, but be on guard for the speed traps, especially in Syracuse. Summertime is a great time to pop off (or lower) the top and enjoy the breeze with some crankin' CDs.
Don't forget to wave if you see a 2003 ELB Vette, I'll wave back.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

Paid $42,690, but my coupe is a 2004! List was $50,190

Corvette-Pilot said:
If you don't mind telling,
What did you end up paying and what was the sticker price??

If a Convert is just $44k, hmm.......
Maybe I see a coupe in my future??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom