Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

OBD I? OBD II?

tred95

Corvette
1995 Torch Red Hardtop 'vert
Obdi? Obdii?

Got all my leaks sealed up...car started right up after all the stuff I removed and re-installed. I still have a SES light after the car idles for awhile and the fans come on high. And the idle is low and rough. This was actually present before the work I did.
After I drive it for awhile, the SES goes out, the car runs fine until I stop. Then the idles goes rough and the SES comes back on again.

I tried to pull the codes with an OBDII scanner. It booted up, but would not link up. I tried the scanner on my '01 Saturn and it worked fine.

So I guess I have the OBDI protocol. So HOW DO I PULL THE CODES???.

The manual doesn't tell me anything about shorting pins on the 16 pin DLC.

Thanks for your help.....

Pete

95's have OBD I protocol. The connector is an OBD II connector. The AutoXray and Tech II scanners can be used to pull the codes off or you can do the shorting of the ground and diagnostic test terminal pins.

OOPS

They are pins 4 and 12. I forgot to mention that in the previous post. They are the fourth pins from the left (top and bottom). Good luck.

Thanks guru,

I got C12 followed by an H64...does this mean a DTC64 in the manual? and what is the C12?
Is there any place in the manual that mentions these codes or how it comes up on the speedometer display?

Pete

tred95,
Book 1, 8D-1, CCM. will give you the info you need.

Thanks Rabbit,
I thought it was in Book 2. They ought to have a 3rd book that clues one into how to find things in 1 and 2.:D :D

I'm looking it up right now...

Pete

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom