Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Obsessive 79 Owner

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Check out this link. The gasoline usage is what I call documentation. A little obsessive I'd say.

Surprisingly or not, I started the same type of data for my daily driver since I bought it brand new. I even keep track of which brand of gas was used so I can see if one brand does me better than another, or if certain octanes give better MPG. I'm only missing a handful from my very first couple fill ups. But thus far, I'm over 63K miles and still keeping track. :L
I also track every oil change, tire rotation, and any other maintenance and how much it costs me. And to get really nit-picky since it does effect displayed mileage, I figured out the speedo differences between my summer tires (smaller circumference) and my winter tires (OEM spec). Then I calculate the actual mileage versus shown mileage. :thumb

Surprisingly or not, I started the same type of data for my daily driver since I bought it brand new. I even keep track of which brand of gas was used so I can see if one brand does me better than another, or if certain octanes give better MPG. I'm only missing a handful from my very first couple fill ups. But thus far, I'm over 63K miles and still keeping track. :L:thumb
Yeah, but have you plotted the results on a scatter chart?:bash

- Eric:w

Yeah, but have you plotted the results on a scatter chart?:bash
No, but it's all maintained in an excel spreadsheet, so it would only take a literal couple of clicks. :D

No, but it's all maintained in an excel spreadsheet, so it would only take a literal couple of clicks. :D
That explains the glazed look in your avatar pic;LOL.

I was amazed that he lost 12 center caps off his wheels.:eyerole
Also that he replaced 1 broken valve spring at a time 5 times in the first 14 months. Obviously warranty work for the dealer.

I was amazed that he lost 12 center caps off his wheels.:eyerole
Also that he replaced 1 broken valve spring at a time 5 times in the first 14 months. Obviously warranty work for the dealer.
Yeah, I saw that about the center caps. I did have a couple fly off of my 84 Monte Carlo due to faulty steel clips:L.

Surprisingly or not, I started the same type of data for my daily driver since I bought it brand new. I even keep track of which brand of gas was used so I can see if one brand does me better than another, or if certain octanes give better MPG. I'm only missing a handful from my very first couple fill ups. But thus far, I'm over 63K miles and still keeping track. :L
I also track every oil change, tire rotation, and any other maintenance and how much it costs me. And to get really nit-picky since it does effect displayed mileage, I figured out the speedo differences between my summer tires (smaller circumference) and my winter tires (OEM spec). Then I calculate the actual mileage versus shown mileage. :thumb

Yikes I can't even keep track of how much milk is left in the fridge! I am impressed :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom