Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Odd, cryptic water leak

chevyaddict

Corvette
1990 Convertible
So, I'm at my wits end. I cannot for the life of me locate my water leak. This is on my 90. The water pump is brand new (and it was not rebuilt) and was only replaced about two years ago and I haven't drive this car that much so doubtful its that. Radiators hoses are new. The only evidence its leaking is when its running; doesn't seem to leak too much when its sitting. Just a tiny bit. It is running down behind the cross frame in that little triangle space where the transmission lines that run to the radiator go. I cannot for the life of me see any evidence anywhere. Nothing. No evidence on any hoses, no evidence from the water pump, nothing! Of course, as ya'll know, there is almost no space to see anything. My intuition tells me it is the heater hoses somehow as I've not replaced them and I can conceivable imagine a drip from those (that connect to the water pump on the side and run under the a/c unit)... but you'd think I'd see evidence of that or feel the water as I touch those hoses. Is there something weird I'm missing?

Water Leak

There is a dye you can buy at Autozone. You can put it in your radiator and run the car until the thermostat is open. Autozone will lend you a black light that shows up the dye real well in a darken garage. You can follow the trail to the leak if it is in a visible area of the engine.

There is a dye you can buy at Autozone. You can put it in your radiator and run the car until the thermostat is open. Autozone will lend you a black light that shows up the dye real well in a darken garage. You can follow the trail to the leak if it is in a visible area of the engine.

Oooo, thanks! I'll have to try that! :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom