Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oddities... Easter eggs?

S

self1

I am really enjoying my new C6. After some real misgivings regarding quality before my purchase, I am now breathing pretty easy. I have that first oil change under my belt... a couple of months in service... several thousand miles... no issues major or minor.

This car is well-engineered, and also well-crafted/assembled, from all I can detect. It feel taut, it does not rattle or sqeak, and it is a pleasure to drive in all 'regimes'; whether loafing around town, or parking lot, or freeway, or slithering down a two-lane. The power, braking, and handling have all been exclaimed over already, so let me just say it is all I could have expected.

Three or so tiny, tiny, things have gotten my notice, though, and while I guess they are not really 'quality' issues, I thought I would ask if others have even noticed, and/or been bothered by these:

* Since my poor 'vette has to stay outdoors for now :eek , I start each morning with condensate all over the car. When driving either the car or my truck, I roll down all windows in order to see clearly on my way out of the development. The lack of drip rails on the car, though, means that each morning I get mutiple streams of water rolling down into the cabin onto the seats and/or my arm, as the dew collects and eventually rolls off the roof. I know that the car is 'aero', so I would not give up one bit of drag (or looks!) to have drip rails, given the excellent CD and resultant mileage. Still, I do get wet.

* I happened to push a little on the rear fascia while cleaning up my license plate ring, and then I just used my fingertips to gently 'bounce' the rear covering. Has anyone else noticed how 'jiggly' this thing is? My '86 was much 'harder' and seemed to be affixed more firmly also. Again, I don't think it is a 'quality' thing per se, it is just that even while knowing that the cover is for cosmetic value only, it is pretty unexpected to see that much give. I wonder if it is rippling around back there while I drive!

* Every now and then after briskly accelerating up and down through the gears, I will look down and notice that the air conditioning has decided to turn itself off, or even to an alternate setting, i.e. going from single to dual zone. The only reason it sticks out in my mind is because the climate control is totally unobstrusive, so if I ever need to intervene, it is a rarity. I know I am not inadvertantly touching the controls, so I wonder if it is some sort of "G" related intermittency... sure hope it is not due to a loose connection in a harness somewhere.

* Ashtray -- would be nice to have that available as a change holder, but due to the current thick useless insert, it's of no use.

Well, that's about all I can dream up -- not too bad at all, as I think back to every other car I have owned (perhaps between a dozen to twenty?). Even the very good ones had a list of ten to twenty things you could tick off as either 'quirks' or 'failings', that ranged in severity all the way from 'endearingly eccentric' to 'maddeningly stupid'.

The 'vette has a lot of neat little 'quirks' or features that I still need to get used to or take advantage of. An example is something I read about the odometer, and have taken advantage of a couple of times since:

If you fill up with fuel, but forget to reset a tripmeter, don't worry, even if you are a hundred miles down the road when you do remember! Just go to the DIC, and hit reset, but hold it in. In a few seconds, the display will update it's point of reference to the last time you started the engine, i.e. when you filled up! Cool. I'm sure there are a million other things I need to learn from studying my owner's manual, but it is just too fun to drive instead of read!

Anyone have other little known or hidden features, or Easter eggs?
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom