Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oh no! I hit a deer!

K

kevpull

To keep it simple I hit a deer in my Car. Total Damage 6613.00. Thought everyone might like to see. Time of occurance : 4:30 AM.

Ouch.

I hope it's all back together soon!

Body Shop says two weeks. I asked them about painting the whole car and they said another $2K. Ridiculous!

BAMbi

where I live, there are way too many deer. I have hit one , my wife hit one, most of our neighbors have hit a deer, one neighbor has nailed 8 so far in 10 years!
even if you you expect them, they will fool you every time!

It happened so fast I never saw it coming. Doing about 60mph. No time to react.

We'll I guess your OK and you will at least get a new front end and eliminate any chips you had. Time was 4:30am? You are either a very early riser or last one to leave the party - I lived in Hollywood for a while 20+ years ago and there wasn't anything there - haven't been back since - probably different now. :cool

We'll I guess your OK and you will at least get a new front end and eliminate any chips you had. Time was 4:30am? You are either a very early riser or last one to leave the party - I lived in Hollywood for a while 20+ years ago and there wasn't anything there - haven't been back since - probably different now. :cool

Early Riser. Work in VA. Usually dont drive the Vette. A little voice told me not to drive it that day. I ignored the voice thinking I would treat myself since it was a Friday. Hollywood is all grown up now or I guess I should say Lex Park/ St Mary's . You would not recognize it if it's been 20 years.:ugh

I hit two in two years with my 1993 Vette and my wife one with a Jaguar. I figure I'm better at hunting than most hunters and don't need a gun, just give me a car.

There are just too many of the damn things around. I'm afraid one day I'll hit one and it'll come through the windshield.

I really fear I'll hit one with my 2006 Callaway.

Oh, deer.

(Sorry- I couldn't help myself.)

Kevpull,
I hope they get your ride back sooner than the two week estimate. That really is unfortunate, but at least you came out of the altercation intact. The car can be fixed.
:)

-Patrick

wow its amazing how much damage animals can do. Is it going to be hard to match the color in? I know those silver/light gray colors are harder to match up.

Glad you weren't hurt.

When I get the car back I will post more pictures. I was concerned about the paint also. That is why I asked about getting the whole car painted. $2k is a lot especially when they are painting about a third of the car anyway.

Matching the color is as simple as plugging the paint code into a machine, and the paint is blended right there at the shop. When a color does not match, it is because the body man either made a mistake with the code, or even worse, if you chose a bodyshop that does not have current paint technology. No need to paint the whole car. I've had many paint repairs done perfectly. And keep in mind, there is alot of labor involved in painting a whole car properly, key word being properly. It's funny, I also hit a deer, same spot on car , and paid the same amount to fix. The bodyshop kicked me back a G when I picked it up, and fixed a few other problems for me.

And by the way, if it does'nt match, just make them do it right. Do not accept subpar work. I'm sure the shop will gladly fix it if you think it's not right.

This is happening all to frequently. I think we should ban deers, they are dangerous!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom