Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Change Interval

Corvette
2017 Arctic White Grand Sport
Do the new cars using synthetics require yearly oil changes or can you rely on the information center to tell you when to make the change? I've put about 10,000 miles on my car in the last 18 months. I changed the oil last year after about a year of ownership with the car showing a lot of life left in the oil. Old school was based on mileage or 12 months, whichever came first. Is that still true with new cars and new oils?

Do the new cars using synthetics require yearly oil changes or can you rely on the information center to tell you when to make the change? I've put about 10,000 miles on my car in the last 18 months. I changed the oil last year after about a year of ownership with the car showing a lot of life left in the oil. Old school was based on mileage or 12 months, whichever came first. Is that still true with new cars and new oils?
Bob,I'm Purdy sure that the owners manual states at lest once a year or when the monitor tells you to,whichever comes first!:thumb

I go once a year and my DIC was saying 20% left until change........I just feel better changing it like that and I have a 10.5 qt change. I do change the filter out at about 3500 miles or so....just because I want to take care of baby........:thumb......

Thanks Junk and Huskerman. I know everyone does a something a little different but I'm pretty much a follow the manual kind of guy. If its good enough for the manufacturer, its good enough for me. I generally keep cars 10 years and put between 150,000 and 200,000 miles on them and I've never had a wear issue with any engine I've owned changing the oil as required in the manual. My current car is a 99 Lexus, has 190,000 miles on it, doesn't smoke and doesn't require any oil to be added between changes. Other issues are another story. LOL.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom