Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

oil filters

K

kraz

hi everyone can i use a fram extra gaurd oil filter ph3980 with mobol 1 syinthetic motor oil?

oil filter

i forgot to tell you the oil filter is for a 93 lt1

In using Mobil 1 the weakest link is the filter.The Fram extra guard from what I've read in studies is not the quality of Mobil 1 filters or GM .

Oh ,sorry I didn't say welcome:D

hi everyone can i use a fram extra gaurd oil filter ph3980 with mobol 1 syinthetic motor oil?
Welcome to the CAC. Based on all the filter tests I have read, I would never use a Fram filter.

I use purolator filters. When doing research, I learned that the smaller the micron size for how much the filter lets through is not always the best filter.

Welcome! Where in NJ are you from?:cool

Stay away from cheap filters, they are cheap for a reason. I have cut apart frams and AcDelco's huge difference. Stick with AcDelco or other high quality filter such as K&N, Wix, etc...

Never use fram after reading the info on them and fortunately never have put one on my corvettes. I use Mobil 1, AC Delco, K&N, and Wix filters. Never had a problem. Some have said that the bottom of the K&N filter with the nut on it will hit the pavement. Never had the problem and it sure makes it easy to remove and install. Just did the 02 last Friday with the K&N.
Barrett

I use K&N for the quality and ease of installation and removal.:D

While waiting for LT4man, save the wave

Fram is a poor choice in filters, IMO.

You can't beat ACDelco filters for the best combination of price and performance. Also good are Wix filters.

If you want a premium oil filter the Mobil 1, the Bosch and the K&N are all good.

Fram is a poor choice in filters, IMO.

You can't beat ACDelco filters for the best combination of price and performance. Also good are Wix filters.

If you want a premium oil filter the Mobil 1, the Bosch and the K&N are all good.

As always Hib is on the money.

Googled oil filters and the best were just as Hib has suggested.

GM's warranty's newer vehicles 4-5 years and 100K with A/C Delco oil filters. They are confident of the powertrains and filters. BTW i have a service truck 2000 with 255K with no internal repairs and uses 1 qt oil to 3000 mi. I would say A/C filters are good.

WIX are rated very well. They are called NAPA/Gold at Napa.

Delco has outsourced filter production. Quality depends on the contractor. I don't have the same confidence that I used to have with AC.

When changing your oil, don't forget to save the wave.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom