Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Pressure guage

jracer49420

Corvette
1974 stingray
I have a 1974 with a 350cu. When I'm at idle the oil pressure needle jumps around in the guage, but when I give it some gas it seems to read correct, ie it hold at a pressure number. Has anyone else had this problem and if so can someone give me some ideas on what to do to get it corrected. Thanks

Oil Pressure

I was just wondering what is the correct oil pressure?
I have a 1982 with a 350. My oil pressure gauge is always right around 40. That is the number in the center of the gauge, so my needle is pointing straight up. The car runs great, and when i had the valve covers and intake off, everything was very well lubricated.

I have a 1974 with a 350cu. When I'm at idle the oil pressure needle jumps around in the guage, but when I give it some gas it seems to read correct, ie it hold at a pressure number. Has anyone else had this problem and if so can someone give me some ideas on what to do to get it corrected. Thanks
I've had that problem ever since I got my car 13 years ago. I was essentially told it's nothing to be concerned about. As long as it goes up under acceleration, it's working. As long as it's reading approximately correct during above-idle RPMs, it's OK.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom