Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Pressure is Fine....Whew!!!

Stingray74CC

Corvette
Black Cherry 1969 Stingray
Little Background:

My engine hydraulic locked a few weeks back and after getting all that stuff fixed and back together I cranked her up and no oil Pressure!

I went out and bought a mechanical oil pressure gauge and hooked it up and got a healthy reading of about 40 psi at idle. My gauge has always been pretty low....atleast lower than I thought it should be...20psi at idle and maybe 35 on the highway. Now it doesn't read at all. It hooks up right above the oil filter via a copper line which runs through the firewall.

What new parts should I buy to get my gauge back online? I'm thinking definitely a gauge but are there other things I should get at the same time?

Thanks for the help,
Anthony

Get a new line and fittings kit - Paragon has them, as do others; the gauges seldom go bad. Your existing 34-year-old line may have deposits in it that are restricting pressure to the gauge.
:beer

anthony, did you hook the aftermarket gauge to the existing hose? if so then all you'll need is a new gauge itself.

robin

Robin,

No, I bypassed the original line...I should try that though...might tell me if the gauge is the problem. Thanks.

Funny thing happened when I put it back together. The original setup worked just fine for a day and then went back to the way it was. hmmmm? wierd.

Anthony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom