Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

oil pressure sender

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernestD

Corvette
2002 electron blue coupe
I just watched a you tube vid. on how to change out a oil press. sender without removeing the manifold in 10 min.-unbelieveable:happyanim:

I agree. Post up a link, ernest. I remember watching my mechanic replace mine a few years ago and it was a pain in the backside... for him. I was drinking a coke and supervising. :L

:wJane Ann

Smart dude.:thumb

Kinda makes the idiots who use a hole saw on the cowl look even more idiotic than they did before, eh?

I'm changing mine right now .
It took me 4 mins to make a hook with a clothes hanger and get the connector off the top of the sender unit .
Now I'm waiting on my buddy to bring me a socket and extension .
This is my first ls1 and the first thing I've done on the vette .
I'll keep you updated on the total time this takes me after I get the tools over here .
I'm betting maybe 10 mins to take the unit out and get the new one in .:beer

Just had my mechanic replace mine.

I do believe he removed the cowl instead of cutting it or removing the intake.He said he can't figure out why everyone has such a problem with this.Wish I could of watched how he did it so I don't have to go through this again,150 bucks,not too bad.

Ok , job completed in the dark..lol
Took 2 mins to get old unit out .
Took 6 mins to get new unit in , I have big hands so it was hard getting the new one started with my fingers .
Took another 6 mins to get the connector back on , but I couldn't see and my stubby fingers kept getting in the way .

I did drop the old unit and it went way down and hit something , not sure how to find it since I have no jack small enough to lift the car yet . I know it hit something solid..lol

f14abcaf.jpg

I can't see mine yet-where the heck is it?right behind the intake?I think I was looking a little to the left.I have a 2002 vette:confusedHELP!

It's behind the manifold on the drivers side .
You should see wires going to it next to the fuel rail .

There is a gap between the fuel rail ,the manifold and the firewall.you can see it with a flashlight when you look in the gap .

Edit : you need to take that cover off that goes over the fuel rail , then look down where my keys are hanging .

e4907c6a.jpg

thanks Shawn- I'll look for it again,I had the rail cover off!things are TIGHT back there!:mad

thanks Shawn- I'll look for it again,I had the rail cover off!things are TIGHT back there!:mad

Yeah ,but its not too bad once you know where it's at .
Also you can pick up a oil sending unit socket at a parts store for $10 if you don't have one .

thanks again Shawn I really want to do this as gauge is pegged at 130 psi.:beer

Smart dude.:thumb

Kinda makes the idiots who use a hole saw on the cowl look even more idiotic than they did before, eh?

Finally! A voice of reason on that hack job repair!

jeezzzz enough already!!

Bud Dougherty
Forums Administratiion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom