Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Temp reading..????

LannyL81

Corvette
81 White/Cinnabar, 96 CE LT4 sil/blk
Okay, now that I have my new oil temperature sensor installed...what is the normal temp that I should be showing on the gauge?

My water temp runs just under the 200 mark, but on the first drive with the new oil temp it only got to about halfway between the 100 and 200 marks...seems too low.
It also took a couple of miles for the needle to even move and then all of a sudden the needle went full scale and then slowly came back to just past the 100 mark and then crept up to the halfway position and did not go any higher.

Thoughts????

LannyL81

It's been a while but it seems like mine runs around 150* on the road.

That sound about right. Mine is usually a bit below the water temp. God bless, Sensei

Hmmm, mine runs above the water temp but it takes a long time to get there, usually over 40 min and sets in at over 200 but once it gets to temp stays pretty consistant after that.

Check back in the older threads,seems to me there was a discussion about this earlier this year,or late last year....;)

Mine will run at about 220-230F once everything is warmed up. If the water temp starts going up it might increase a little; but if I start running her around 75-80mph the Oil temp will run up to around 250F. Never had it over that.

.......... nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom