Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: oil

gofastlarry

Corvette
2001 black vert
:confusedwhat is the best engine oil to use? ive always used whats whats recomended in the owners manual. i hear lucas oil stabalizer is good to use with your oil. just wondering.:confused

:confusedwhat is the best engine oil to use? ive always used whats whats recomended in the owners manual. i hear lucas oil stabalizer is good to use with your oil. just wondering.:confused

I am sure that there will be other opinions, but I have stayed with the
recommended Mobil 1 and AC filter. No problems at all. I do not
race it or any other special application, just enjoyable driving and
find the car to perform very well. :w

I use the same. I will be in southbend in August. wanna meet up?

I come to southbend every year from a diecast car convention..

Comfort Suites Hotel
52939 S.R. 933N
South Bend, IN 46637

August 14-16.....pm me your phone number.....

how far is this from you?

im looking into the local vette club rt now. rt now i have no vette buddies:W;help

:confusedwhat is the best engine oil to use? ive always used whats whats recomended in the owners manual. i hear lucas oil stabalizer is good to use with your oil.

You definitely don't want to put that stuff in your oil! Just use an oil that meets the GM4718M spec, and add no additives to it.

i have switched over to castrol edge synthetic in both my corvettes and in my hemi magnum. i used to be a mobil 1 convert, but if you do a couple of basic google searches, i think you will find enough current information to lead you to the conclusion that mobil 1 today isn't what it used to be, and there are better options. that's just in my opinion.

We use royal purple in our 1200+hp vette my c5 vette and our 7 sec pro stock harley as for the lucas run away ,ahhh the smell of alky

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom