Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ok maybe im retarded.......

dreamcometrue4me

Corvette
1991 coupe
I been looking around and I see more people than I have issues with water in compartment behind seats. I also find that MAMW offers a drain tube for this issue..........So my 2 cents worth is why doesn't Chevrolet offer a recall fix for this problem? Yes I realize a high number of issues are with the radio, but in my case, water has ruined my ABS motor and I'm not so sure but that would be considered safety if you ask me. If it's not safety then why have ABS? Anyway I'm just saying, its a Corvette, and Chevrolet should go an extra step with something that is " suppose " to be their outstanding vehicle. Anyone else have 2 cents to burn lol?

I been looking around and I see more people than I have issues with water in compartment behind seats. I also find that MAMW offers a drain tube for this issue..........So my 2 cents worth is why doesn't Chevrolet offer a recall fix for this problem? Yes I realize a high number of issues are with the radio, but in my case, water has ruined my ABS motor and I'm not so sure but that would be considered safety if you ask me. If it's not safety then why have ABS? Anyway I'm just saying, its a Corvette, and Chevrolet should go an extra step with something that is " suppose " to be their outstanding vehicle. Anyone else have 2 cents to burn lol?
Actually,If the rear hatch weather strips are in good shape and installed correctly,and the hatch is adjusted correctly,"They Won't Leak"!!
The drain kits are mostly used because people don't like water collecting and running out of the hatch channel down there nice clean dry rear quarter panel and collecting dirt!!:L:L:L

so what causes leak?

So what causes leak inside then? I seen another post on here that says the tube installed causes the interior leak, is that possible? I havent put the tubes in but guess it's possible previous owner did.

If the weatherstrip around the hatch is in good condition and seals properly, it won't leak.

Check them holes

I would ensure that the drain holes are totally clear and if it still leaks,replace weatherstrip and or adjust hatch as suggested above.:eyerole

My car sits out in the weather 24/7. I race it and daily drive it. I've had 2 different c4.s Neither leaked a drop anywere. The only one i hear complaining about leaks,are the ones who drill a hole and install the tubes. I would never do that,you're giving the body a place to have possible cracks. When i wash my car,i just take an extra few mins to get the water from that pooling area by the b pillar.

Those tubes can leak. They run through the body and if not routed correctly, they can drop the water right in the interior behind the seat. Just check your weatherstripping.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom