Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old 1966 St.Louis Pictures

TJay

Corvette
1972 Yellow Coupe
Not sure if these have ever been posted here before, but thought I'd share them. These are from 1966, one is bodies sitting on rail cars in Ionia Michigan, waiting to be sent to St. Louis Assy. plant. The other is inside the St.Louis Assy plant.

t03yfn.jpg

t03ynp.jpg

Rail cars

Love the rail car pix. In fact, I see my 66 coupe on the top in the very front! Jerry

Erik S. Klein said:
Very cool!

BTW, I like your car, TJay! ;)

Thanks Erik, your LT-1 is sweet also, gotta like the color. I also have a 71, 454 WarBonnet Yellow, go figure. The 72 shown is a 350.

By the picture of the rail car, there's a bunch of 66 owners who can't say their cars have never been in the snow.. :L

If you want to see LOTS more photos like that, watch for the August issue of "Corvette Enthusiast" magazine (will be out in 6-7 weeks); I just submitted my monthly article on start-to-finish assembly of midyear bodies at St. Louis - has about 35 classic B&W photos taken in the St. Louis body shop in 1962.

I also did an article for the July issue (out in a couple of weeks) on midyear wheel alignment that has a bunch of 1963-era photos shot on the frame line.

:beer

JohnZ, can't wait to see them, I have 15-20 color pictures of 1980 St.Louis Assy. C-3 line also. Like was said, great to see these old St.Louis photos

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom