Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old guy finally gets his 81 vette

D

Derster

Brought her home yesterday, only complain is off idle stumble. I am amazed how 4 previous owners managed to take such good care of this car. Appearance inside and out is close to perfect,everything looks to be original but the carpet is too new appearing for a 20 year old car. O yeah no dash lights but I have not had a chance to check fuses yet, hope thats all it is.

One happy old dude!!!!!

Congadulations on purchasing a fine looking Corvette! It sounds like that you purchased a Corvette that was owned previously by people who appreciated what they had. If you check the fuses and you still don't have any instrument panel lights, then you may want to check the head light switch, the switch may be turned all the way counter clock wise (which dims the instrument panel lights) or the switch may be worn out.

Please join the L 81 Registry!

Take Care

Vette 81

Congrats!

I'll bet you've got a HUGE grin that just won't get off your face? :D

Same problem here, no dash lights. But I know my problem is the switch. Stocking up on parts to do that, the turn signal, cruise and horn all at the same time. Aren't old cars grand? 78 was well taken care of, but I drive her daily and the interior is our next project.

Have a great time in your 81! :w
Silver

Congrats Derster! Bud (Rare81) will be thrilled to see another 81 in the CAC.

- Eric

One happy old dude!!!!!

You'll notice yourself getting younger as you spend more time behind the wheel!! My wife says that I'm down to 16 now. :) Any younger and shes taking my license away.

Steve,

Congratulations on your acquisition and welcome to the exclusive society of Corvette owners.

So, you call yourself an old dude. How old?

Congratulations. Be prepared to spend a lot of time just driving aimlessly around with a huge grin on your face. A fine choice of car!

rpounds said:
Steve,

Congratulations on your acquisition and welcome to the exclusive society of Corvette owners.

So, you call yourself an old dude. How old?
I hit the big 50 next Feb. I did notice as I peer over that long nose and see the world flashing by I somehow regained a few decades, at lease in my mind. But to see my wifes smile in the other seat as we cruise along is really neat. She even said she should let her hair grow so it will blow in the wind. I think she has been bitten too!

Re: Congrats!

78SilvAnniv said:
I'll bet you've got a HUGE grin that just won't get off your face? :D

Same problem here, no dash lights. But I know my problem is the switch. Stocking up on parts to do that, the turn signal, cruise and horn all at the same time. Aren't old cars grand? 78 was well taken care of, but I drive her daily and the interior is our next project.

Have a great time in your 81! :w
Silver
Turned out to be the fuse, but was not blown, contacts were oxidized. Nice to see the speedo at night.
Still grinnin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom