Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old Vette Radio - Fix It and Keep It

O Vette

Corvette
2004 Black Coupe, 1977 Yellow T-Top
When I got my '77 it came with an aftermarket radio, amp, 6 disc changer and additional speakers in boxes in the back. The changer was behind the passenger seat so the seat couldn't be moved. The amp was in a storage compartment and the speakers took up a lot of room in the back. I took all of them out and bought a '77 radio with the 8 track not guaranteed to be in working condition. I took it to a radio repair shop and for $120 I got the radio back with the am, fm, and 8 track perfectly working. Plus, the technician installed a cord with a jack for an MP3 player (the cord can be hidden) and wired it to operate a power antennae. Sounds great and the MP3 player really works great. If you want more info on the shop (recognized by the NCRS) send me a private message.

Nice save!

When I got my '77 it came with an aftermarket radio, amp, 6 disc changer and additional speakers in boxes in the back. The changer was behind the passenger seat so the seat couldn't be moved. The amp was in a storage compartment and the speakers took up a lot of room in the back. I took all of them out and bought a '77 radio with the 8 track not guaranteed to be in working condition. I took it to a radio repair shop and for $120 I got the radio back with the am, fm, and 8 track perfectly working. Plus, the technician installed a cord with a jack for an MP3 player (the cord can be hidden) and wired it to operate a power antennae. Sounds great and the MP3 player really works great. If you want more info on the shop (recognized by the NCRS) send me a private message.

You can't just tell us the name of the shop?

You can't just tell us the name of the shop?
Well, I didn't want to sound like I was promoting a business or trying to drum up business for someone and didn't know that would be allowed on this board. The shop is - Precision Stereo Repair, 8441 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford, NY 13413. Phone 315-797-5219. Email oldstereo@hotmail.com. He specializes in radios from 1946 to 1990. Repairs for radio from 1946-57 are $150. Radios from 1958-90 are $100 including parts. Shipping is extra. Just reading his literature I see he can even install an input cable for a cell phone or portable cd player in addition to the mp3 player.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom