Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Once more with feeling?

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
Sure, I've posted this before, but this car is just so damn cool. :cool Maybe I need to build a '62 street racer. ;)

The newer members need to see this.
===================================================

23rs5rm.jpg

23rs8kl.jpg

23rs8ya.jpg

23rs96h.jpg

I think Corvettes like this one are what inspire guys like Larry & John McGraw to build their tube-frame beasties... and that's a good thing!!

-Mac

And..................

For those of us that have so many :lou and then some on a virgin frame? An UN restored car? 44 years plus of relentless 400+ HP constantly going in the RED LINE and then some. I give up, you tell me. Taking NOTHING away from the newer stuff, and the newer guys and the technology, sheeeeesh.:confused

Lou, my point was the guys like you and this gentlemen inspire awe but finding one like this is like finding the Holy Grail, so they build their own... with new technology. Best of both worlds!!

-Mac

I Know.............

Mac and anyone else that took my post the wrong way, I wasn't being negative. I only wish I had the time, knowledge and money it takes to build a new 60's Corvette. There's a lot of drawbacks having a real solid axle car and a lot of positive reasons to have one like our guys have built.

One real positive reason for building a solid axle Corvette is to go drag racing. ;)

Heavy-duty parts (like Lou did recently), then slap those wrinkle-walls on and launch 'er, Baby!

:lou :lou:lou:lou:lou:lou:lou:lou:lou:lou

I'm afraid to throw some slicks on mine and really launch her, because I know something will break. Too much torque; too many drive (half) shafts; too many u-joints. And if a half-shaft breaks loose..........oh my God*, what a mess. :eek

I didn't think you were being negative, Lou. That would be so out of character, I didn't even consider it. I was just explaining myself.

67, I bet you recall Jerry's half-shaft adventure?

-Mac

I was getting in gear

I to Lou, was preparing to respond to your post, before I read some of the replies. I initially thought that the remarks were out of character for you, but I mistakenly mis-interpreted your words.

I intended to mention that sadly we are not all as fortunate, or blessed as you to have been, in being able to enjoy a ride such as yours, for as long as you have, and as a consequence, were obliged to try to build our own.

But as " Joey Tribiany " would have said, now it's a moot point. :upthumbs drive safe,

Stepinwolf

:cool Maybe I need to build a '62 street racer. ;)

Yeah that's the ticket for your next project...... :D

There's often interesting stories on the history of some of these cars. It reminded me of the white paint I found on the inside of the door panel on our 62. I happened to run into someone who knew the car and had seen it run at the drag strip in the seventies. I knew the car's original color was red and asked him if he had any idea of why I found the white paint. It turns out that the fellow I bought it from drag raced it for many years and, in 1976, in honor of the Bi-Centennial, had painted the car red, white and blue. :cool

See you in Carlisle.

Rich Lagasse

I'm afraid to throw some slicks on mine and really launch her, because I know something will break. Too much torque; too many drive (half) shafts; too many u-joints. And if a half-shaft breaks loose..........oh my God*, what a mess. :eek

Yeah I can imagine Heaven jumping up in the air at a 60* angle ..smoken dowm the road and dragen the holly fuel pump on the black top...:L You better move that sucker....:D

"BOOOM"....;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom