Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

One month with my 84 vette

K

kmhene

Well its been one month with my 84. And its been great. I wish I would have bought a vette years ago. But at 47, I guess its better late than never.
I love this car. Its white and in excellent shape. Have 89,000 and runs great. I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, new exhaust, new tires and tuned it up my self. And it runs and looks like a showroom car.
I claybared the car and its finish is awesome.
My wife is shocked how nice this car is for what I paid for it. I got a great deal from a retired guy who bought it new in 84. I carfaxed it and it came back clean on everything ,and he was the only owner and put all the miles on himself. I can say, even for the 84 crossfire injection, it runs like a champ.
I work at 4am so I have the open road to myself. I got her up to 128 on Monday and it drove like a dream. And it had plenty more to give if I pushed it I am sure.
I also want to say I am glad to be here and read all the threads from all you guys. There is so much info on here and its great to get info and opinons of other vette owners. This is more helpful to people than they realize. I have seen so many threads about guys having this and that problem and other guys stepping up to give them help.
This is fantastic.
And I have to say sometimes, some of the comments are funny as hell.
Its great to laugh at them and sometimes ourselves for the goofy things we do.

I want to say thanks to all of you and I am proud to be here and hope Ii can offer help to people myself.
And long live the corvette. I love mine, thats for sure

Kevin

Well its been one month with my 84. And its been great. I wish I would have bought a vette years ago. But at 47, I guess its better late than never.
I love this car. Its white and in excellent shape. Have 89,000 and runs great. I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, new exhaust, new tires and tuned it up my self. And it runs and looks like a showroom car.
My wife is shocked how nice this car is for what I paid for it. I got a great deal from a retired guy who bought it new in 84. I carfaxed it and it came back clean on everything ,and he was the only owner and put all the miles on himself. I can say, even for the 84 crossfire injection, it runs like a champ.
I work at 4am so I have the open road to myself. I got her up to 128 on Monday and it drove like a dream. And it had plenty more to give if I pushed it I am sure.
I also want to say I am glad to be here and read all the threads from all you guys. There is so much info on here and its great to get info and opinons of other vette owners. This is more helpful to people than they realize. I have seen so many threads about guys having this and that problem and other guys stepping up to give them help.
This is fantastic.

I want to say thanks to all of you and I am proud to be here and hope Ii can offer help to people myself.

Kevin

CONGRATULATIONS AND WECOME!:beer:thumb:w

Excellent. I too joined the corvette crowd late. About the same age as you when I bought mine 3 1/2 yrs ago. I still think its a great car too! I have also pushed the pedal a time or 2 to see what it'll do, but refrain from testing the all out speed anymore. I prefer twisty canyon roads where I rarely exceed 50. Have fun but keep it sane.

Welcome to the forums. :w

I'm pretty sure that the 84 was a 150 mph vehicle!!!

Thanks for the kind words. Everyone here enjoys making it a great community.

Welcome to the:CAC Kevin:beer Well, like it or not, you're hooked like the rest of us, but these cars do that to you:thumb:w

Welcome! I have my Vette for 6 months now and you quickly realize what the Corvette lifestyle is all about!!! The wave, talking to other Vette owners, reading about Vettes, ect... It unlike owning any other car!:cool

This is fantastic.

Kevin

:grouphug::w:cool:beer:Buttslap:lou

Welcome to the CAC... Have had my 84 for 15 or 16 years and love it. Will be 55 tomorrow & my 6 favorte words are going to be " Do you have a senior discount ? :boogie

I can say, even for the 84 crossfire injection, it runs like a champ.

First of all, Welcome to the CAC! :beer You have found a really cool Corvette site on the net. You should have a blast here!

Secondly, you are now the proud owner of the most maligned (incorrectly! :D) Corvette ever built!

The 84s are some of the BEST built Vettes ever made! The Crossfire engine was very "cutting edge" technology at the time. The only problem was that other technologies were racing ahead then. Corvette has always prided itself on leading the pack. That is why the Crossfire was not around for a very long time.

When you can check it, let us know what kind of gas mileage that beast of yours gets. This is a loaded statement. I already know the answer! :boogie

Keep enjoying your Vette and tell us more! :thumb

WHILE ENJOYING YOUR VETTE, PLEASE SAVE THE :w!

First of all, Welcome to the CAC! :beer You have found a really cool Corvette site on the net. You should have a blast here!

Secondly, you are now the proud owner of the most maligned (incorrectly! :D) Corvette ever built!

The 84s are some of the BEST built Vettes ever made! The Crossfire engine was very "cutting edge" technology at the time. The only problem was that other technologies were racing ahead then. Corvette has always prided itself on leading the pack. That is why the Crossfire was not around for a very long time.

When you can check it, let us know what kind of gas mileage that beast of yours gets. This is a loaded statement. I already know the answer! :boogie

Keep enjoying your Vette and tell us more! :thumb

WHILE ENJOYING YOUR VETTE, PLEASE SAVE THE :w!
Wow, that was kind of a strange welcoming??????????

Anyway, welcome and I also have an 84 vette. I think my 84 is great, it has the best handling of any C4, My 85 is gay compared to the 84's handling. I think the 84's top speed is around 145 mph in stock form. Are you going to leave it stock or are you going to do some mods? There is a new intake manifold coming out in September for it and it will give you just over 40 HP. Its called the renegade and is made by " dynamic crossfire solutions".

Thxs for all the commnents and welcomes. Glad to be here. I plan on keeping it stock. I want to keep everything original. Not as young as I use to be and dont need the extra power or traffic tickets, LOL. Its a pretty impressive car. Great to drive and handles awesome.

I know all about the crossfire engine stuff. I have read all of it. I also know most people who complain about it never even owned one. It was something they heard or read. I bought it because I always wanted a Corvette and the 84 body style I loved. Also the crossfire injection interested me. I enjoy working on things that I never did before. And now with forums like this one, its a great source for info. I dont really care what people think or say. It my vette, it runs great, looks great and its paid for.

And right now I am guessing I am getting close to 18 to 21 mpg. I drive highway to and from work when i do take it out. And I go at 3am so I get no traffic either way. Its 36 miles each way. And thats great when you feel like opening it up once in a while.
I replace the entire exhaust, tuned it up with new wires plugs etc. And its sweet now.
I will put some pics up soon
Its artic white and it has the sawblade rims. I may change those, not sure yet.
But for now, its a sweet and wonderful ride. I love to get in and drive it.

And yep you guys are right, I am hooked for sure. Love talking to other vette owners about the cars. Its a great car and I will keep mine around as long as i can.

Kevin

Thxs for all the commnents and welcomes. Glad to be here. I plan on keeping it stock. I want to keep everything original. Not as young as I use to be and dont need the extra power or traffic tickets, LOL. Its a pretty impressive car. Great to drive and handles awesome.

I know all about the crossfire engine stuff. I have read all of it. I also know most people who complain about it never even owned one. It was something they heard or read. I bought it because I always wanted a Corvette and the 84 body style I loved. Also the crossfire injection interested me. I enjoy working on things that I never did before. And now with forums like this one, its a great source for info. I dont really care what people think or say. It my vette, it runs great, looks great and its paid for.

And right now I am guessing I am getting close to 18 to 21 mpg. I drive highway to and from work when i do take it out. And I go at 3am so I get no traffic either way. Its 36 miles each way. And thats great when you feel like opening it up once in a while.
I replace the entire exhaust, tuned it up with new wires plugs etc. And its sweet now.
I will put some pics up soon
Its artic white and it has the sawblade rims. I may change those, not sure yet.
But for now, its a sweet and wonderful ride. I love to get in and drive it.

And yep you guys are right, I am hooked for sure. Love talking to other vette owners about the cars. Its a great car and I will keep mine around as long as i can.

Kevin

If you are looking for wheels I like these ones on my 85 vette, they are 17x9.5 american racing tourque thrust II wheels, these are my favorite and then I like the ZR-1 5 spoke whels also.
DSCF5231.jpg

And right now I am guessing I am getting close to 18 to 21 mpg. I drive highway to and from work when i do take it out. And I go at 3am so I get no traffic either way. Its 36 miles each way. And thats great when you feel like opening it up once in a while.Kevin

I am guessing you have a 700R4 automatic transmission. Am I right?

I have talked with fellas who have the Doug Nash 4+3 manual transmission (with electric overdrive in 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears). They are getting from 30-36 MPG at strictly highway cruising speeds. That is why I asked what kind of gas mileage your Vette is getting.

Also, I am thinking you are using your accelerator pedal on those "to and from trips" to work at 3am! :chuckle

So, in closing, I would say my "Welcome to the CAC" was not so strange after all.

WHILE RACING HOME FROM WORK, PLEASE REMEMBER TO SAVE THE :w!

WELCOME! im 22 and just bought my 2cd vette (1992 targa) about 3 weeks ago.. I LOVED my 88 (with the only correctly working 4+3 i've ever seen) however I totaled it. I then had a z28 with the lt1 which was nice but when people would ask me if i liked it, id just say "yea I like it, but I miss my vette" my dads a pre-1970 muscle car guy (I am too) but I keep trying to explain to him, there is something differant about driving a vette, my girl doesnt understand it, nor does my fam. But u cannot explain it until you own one. I always thought corvettes were "ok" but wasnt that impressed until I bought one, now im HOOKED! With that said I wish you many years of excitement with your vette. have u named her yet?

My 84 withe 4 plus 3 in it pulls down 26mpg on the interstate at around 75 mph.
:thumb

Ron

WELCOME! im 22 and just bought my 2cd vette (1992 targa) about 3 weeks ago.. I LOVED my 88 (with the only correctly working 4+3 i've ever seen) however I totaled it. I then had a z28 with the lt1 which was nice but when people would ask me if i liked it, id just say "yea I like it, but I miss my vette" my dads a pre-1970 muscle car guy (I am too) but I keep trying to explain to him, there is something differant about driving a vette, my girl doesnt understand it, nor does my fam. But u cannot explain it until you own one. I always thought corvettes were "ok" but wasnt that impressed until I bought one, now im HOOKED! With that said I wish you many years of excitement with your vette. have u named her yet?

Wow. Totalled it. :hb
What a bummer. Hope everyone was ok.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom