Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ONSTAR LIGHT PROBLEM HELP!!!

W

wwr

The red and white light on my reear view mirror is coming on for no apparent reason. I do not subscribe to this service. Has anybody out there experienced this problem? OnStar said I had to sign up for them to tell me if they were getting a signal. Can you believe that? Join just to find out why a little redlight won't come on! I guess it's a dealer problem. I think we may just pull the fuse if it doesn't affect the mirror. A cell phone is cheaper for me. Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS,
WALTER:confused

HI there,
Onstar vehicle communication interface module is telling that there is something wrong with IT, nothing else in the vehicles control system.
So, with that in mind, it would be covered under warranty.
My theory, is a communications failure.
But it is only a theory.
Allthebest, :bash<<<new one!!

red onstar light

HI there,
Onstar vehicle communication interface module is telling that there is something wrong with IT, nothing else in the vehicles control system.
So, with that in mind, it would be covered under warranty.
My theory, is a communications failure.
But it is only a theory.
Allthebest, :bash<<<new one!!

Thanks for the answer but one( onstar rep) said the light was on all the time.It is but it won't go off. She said it was supposed to stay on. I'm letting the dealer look at it this after weekend. Typical GM!!! sHOULD HAVE KNOWN.

walter

I had onstar for five years. The lights never went off. And even now, I've cancelled my onstar, but the red light remains on. It's no big deal. Forget about it unless you subscribe. In that case, the light should be green all the time. It only should be red if there's a problem or you aren't a subscriber.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom