Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

open air filter element

open air lid truth

As far as an intake on my 89 vette, i didn't spend all my hard earned money on someone elses easy over rated ideas. I know how to make a intake work just as well as any aftermarket on the early C4's.

1- K&N replacement element
2- Remove the plastic rain gaurd under the box (plastic shroud just shoved under it)
3- SAVE $$$ AND USE TIN SNIPS OR HACK SAW AND CUT THE factory air lid up from around the edges...it should look like a wall around the air filter only! nothing over the filter itself!
4- Heres's where some skills come in to play. if u look at the "throat" of the factory C4 air box....its narrow and chitty. use a dremel tool and just go to town and bore that egg shaped small bore POS throat out as much as possible, thats where the restrictions are!!! when its done it should look round, and large....like the factory should of done. basically your boring it out and making it round...not "EGG" shaped liek GM F'd up on.

Thats your $50 "performance" air package that you'll pay $$ out the A** for!!! Hope i saved you money!

thanks for welcoming me! I don't really know anyone on here...I was just looking for somene to talk to about corvettes like mine...the early C4. I kinda like this place. I don't know how old anyone else is on here...but I'm only 19, yes young....but I worked my but of on my car. LOL. I went to 2yrs old late model ASE cert. classes also..and am a mechanical engineering student. Talk to you guys later!
-Jason
89 L98 Auto 65K 13.70 ET's...LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom