Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opinion..new Flowmasters...yeah or nay?

R

REDGAR

I got a set of Flowmasters on The Red Sled.

What do you think?

flowmasters.jpg

:upthumbs

REDGAR said:
I got a set of Flowmasters on The Red Sled.

What do you think?

flowmasters.jpg

If I was running a quad tip, I'd like the space filled a little more. However those tips ARE really cool, and the alignment is excellent.

More importantly - how does it sound?

BTW: What is that RX500 all about?

I have a video I can share to show the sound, I forget the filename so will get it up tonight.

the Rx 500 is Prescription 500 horsepower (brake)
I am a customer of The Vette Doctors, thus the theme of prescriptions.

The car is at 451 rwhp how which is about 550 at the flywhell or more depending on the factor you use for an automatic trans with 5000 stall converter

Big time drag racer.

Well the car is on drag tires in the video and that was only done to get a feel for the setup before we hit the drag strip. I do go through two sets of drag tires a season. I get out 3-4 times a month to do some racing.

As for gain from the exhaust, it is hard for us to measure because there were too many changes at one time to isolate the exhaust by itself. The car had just had major surgery and a complete exhaust swap from headers to exhaust.

Thanks for that great video, first time I listened to it. Sounds great, looks great. I have flowmasters on my C4, I really like the sound.

flowmasters

I have them on my 2003 Z06 and thay sound great. i special ordered the quad round tips, and at speed (80 are so) you can here the radio are carry on a conservation, and best of all they 200.00 cheaper then stingers etc. Billy

Had the exact same muffler/tips on my 99 when I bought it, the installer had cut the over axle pipe and welded em in! I didn't like the tips at all so I replaced em with Corsa Indy's w/Pro tips. The Corsa's sound better and look MUCH better IMO.

Tim
99 Coupe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom