Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opinions wanted re: BackOff™ 3rd brake light flasher module

I was only interested in the outcome of the discussion. I really have no vested interest.

Great info as usual. Thanks!

C5d, you definitely went above and beyond the call of duty in your research... Thank you!

I have attached a photo of the flasher unit (I have not installed it yet) so you can see what it looks like. The black plastic cover is non-removable and keeps the thing dry. The unit came with two wire nuts, a quick-splice connector, and a couple of tie wraps to bundle the wires together and attach the flasher module to the wiring harness. The install instructions are very simple - a 15-minute job. The part comes with a "lifetime" warranty per the website.

There's nothing written or stamped anywhere on the part to indicate it's DOT-approved. But I would agree based on the text posted above that there doesn't appear to be a prohibition on flashes.

regards,
Jeff

BMW's take on this

Our new 745Li has Adaptive Brake Lights.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/7/745liSedan/features.htm?dNav_loc=_root.c7.c745lisedan.features

(per the new '6'): Within each of the BMW’s two rear light clusters, electronics control the operation of 26 fast-acting LEDs. Fifteen of them illuminate under normal braking and a further five, positioned at the top of each light cluster, are activated during severe braking by signals received from a sensor measuring deceleration.

They get larger and brighter with harder braking. I wonder if anyone knows?

maybe so but if that soccer mom in her ford exploder 4' behind me reacts to my brake lights sooner, it may well be worth it!
That would be the one also talking on her cell phone and applying her make-up, right? :eek:hnoes :L

I tend to think a flashing light would be considered "confrontational" by the deadheads who tailgate and my provoke other actions like tailgating even closer. My preferred solution is to turn on my hazad flashers and back off the throttle gradually while pulling as far to the right as I can. They will tend to think you have a car problem and not be agressive. Eventually of course I come to a full stop if they continue to tailgate. That's when I introduce them to my partner - Sam Colt. Not kidding about that either.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom