Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Optima battery

Corvette
1965 white coupe 383 stroker, 405HP, 440TQ, TKO600
Does anyone have an opinion on Optima batteries from past experience
Good or Bad
I looked at the #34/78 with 800 CCA and was tempted to buy it for $ 119.00 but thought I would hold out and see what you folks think. Disregard price I'm only interested in quality and reliability compared to other brands.
Thanks, Mark

I can't say on this brand other than everyone seems to llike them,

but I can say I have had BAD experiences with Exide and will never use them again !!

Good luck

I swear by Delco. Great quality and half the price of that Optima battery.

Andy

Battery Question

I have an Optima in my 67 Coupe. What I like is no battery acid venting causing rust on the battery box and frame. I too look for quality parts and drive my Corvette every day. You can always put a Delco in for show, but the Optima seems to be the best battery on the market. If you live near a Costco Warehouse, the batteries are under $100.

optima battery

You can't go wrong with the optima as long as you don't mind not original looks.

Best regards,
Gerry

Well I took you guys advice and bought an Optima. Now if I can dig a path through 2 feet of snow to my garage I'll install it. Too bad I won't be able to cruise it today.
AHH New England weather:(

optima battery

Be happy at least you can start the car.

Best regards,
Gerry

I have an optima in my 66. I have a ground disconnedt and it works just great. There are even NOS looking battery covers to make them look right.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom