Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Optional 12 Disc CD Changer

A

AUS1

Hi guys/gals,

I'm thinking about installing the optional 12 disc changer.

My question is concerning RPO U1S. Is the stock CD Changer "Bose" or "AC Delco"? Does it matter which brand of CD Changer is connected to the "Bose" radio with the wiring harness that comes with the kit.

thanks

aus1

12 disc cd changer

thanks for the info, leon.

aus1

FYI : my 12 disc changer beats the hell outa my CD's :hb

Will be doing this as well. If I keep the car... ;)

If you have a cassette in your car, the cassette adaptors work pretty well (use one in my wifes Volvo) for about $15-20. The dedicated cable that hooks into your CD changer cable or the back of the head unit is about $135. I wiould stay away from the FM transmitters, at least in my area, they work pretty crappy.

Replaced mine with an IPOD.
How did you make a direct connection with a stock radio or do you use one of the FM reciever pick ups, or did you replace your radio with one that has an MP3 input jack? I use the FM thing but it's not good. A lot of hissing in the background...

How did you make a direct connection with a stock radio or do you use one of the FM reciever pick ups, or did you replace your radio with one that has an MP3 input jack? I use the FM thing but it's not good. A lot of hissing in the background...

I did this, but my instructions are only if you have the trunk mounted cd changer.

http://webpages.charter.net/ggwright/ipodinst.htm

:w
Guy

I used the IPOD2CAR using the CD changer wiring. The install is similar to the above linked by Guy. Before this, I used the cassette adaptor. The IPOD2CAR lets you control a few IPOD functions via the head unit. Hope this helps.

There is also the option of connecting the IPODTOCAR directly to the back of your factory head unit if you don't have the cable in the trunk. You do have to get a different wiring harness but it really does work well. The Peripherals PXHGM4 harness plugs directly into the factory head unit and works great with the Peripherals iPod interface. I have mine hooked up this way and I like the way it sounds. I also have the same kind of connection in my other car so I have my music which ever car I happen to take.

I bought a factory 12 disc changer from ebay and I haven't had any problems with it. It takes one heck of a jolt to make it skip. The only issue I had was mounting it. I found out the hard way since it didn't come out of a Corvette it wasn't set up to mount vertically (skipped all of the time this way). But it fit nicely in the side compartment and has been rock solid.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom