Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Original wheels on 2001 Z06

Z

ZR100060

Is it only me or are the pewter grey painted wheels on the Z06 ugly. I just bought the car and I kept looking at the side profile trying to figure out what was wrong. It finally dawned on me that the car looked dirty, especially the wheels and tires. This was just after I detailed the car. (White exterior, black interior)
I went out to a local tire/wheel place and bought a set of the same wheels, only in chrome this time. It looks like a different car!!

I always liked them. It's kind of a cool finish, but just my opinion. :)

Actually, I think the color is partially intended to conceal the amount of brake dust spewed out. It wouldn't surprise me if it was called Brake Dust Gray. It looks a bit different on each color.

The wheels on the Z06 are not bad, but I actually like the C5 wheels better. The 2000 and up of course.

The wheels on the Z06's are lighter than the regular C5 wheels right?

I think the Z06 wheels look awesome. Factor in those red brake calipers and it just looks so 'evil.' Anyone see that they have started putting those wheels on Cavaliers now? I saw a Millenium Cavalier with those Z06 wheels and it looked great!

IMA,

That is a great avatar and signature pic. I just love that Millenium Yellow color; it's so eye catching.:eek

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom